🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Billing using Upwork Work Diary - do I need t...
Page options
guinevere1964
Community Member

Billing using Upwork Work Diary - do I need to submit any information?

Hi Community, 

Please could you assist. 

I have used the work diary to log my hours worked this week.  Do I need to submit any information or as per below, hours worked are "automatically invoiced" to the client? 

I previously used the manual option and had to submit the hours I had worked.

Thank you. 

On Monday at 12 noon UTC following the close of the billing period, clients are automatically invoiced for hourly contracts. Upwork charges their primary billing method and sends a reminder to review their contract’s Work Diary.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
dsmgdesign
Community Member

Guinevere F wrote:

Hi Community, 

Please could you assist. 

I have used the work diary to log my hours worked this week.  Do I need to submit any information or as per below, hours worked are "automatically invoiced" to the client? 

Thank you. 

On Monday at 12 noon UTC following the close of the billing period, clients are automatically invoiced for hourly contracts. Upwork charges their primary billing method and sends a reminder to review their contract’s Work Diary.

You do not need to submit anything. Just complete your time sheets on Upwork, and Upwork will auotmatically take care of the rest. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
dsmgdesign
Community Member

Guinevere F wrote:

Hi Community, 

Please could you assist. 

Thank you. 

You do not need to submit anything. Just complete your time sheets on Upwork, and Upwork will auotmatically take care of the rest. 

NikolaS

Hi Guinevere,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I would like to clarify that your client is automatically invoiced and billed for the hours you log according to the weekly billing cycle.

However, if you log time over the weekly limit you and your client originally agreed to it won't be invoiced to your client, but they can see it in your Work Diary. You can negotiate a bonus payment for that time, if your client agrees. All time logged in your Work Diary, whether tracked or added as manual time, is automatically invoiced to your client using the schedule below.

BillingCycle.png

You can find more information about getting paid for Hourly Contracts here

Feel free to follow up if you have further questions. 

~ Nikola
Upwork

Thank you, its running smoothly. 

wlyonsatl
Community Member

Guinevere,

Bonus payments are not covered by Upwork's excellent hourly contract payment protection, so if you start approaching your formal weekly hourly limit for a work week, it is safest to ask the client whether they want to a) increase your weekly hourly limit on Upwork's system, or b) have you stop work for the current week when the weekly limit is reached and have you re-start your work for them after midnight GMT Sunday night, which begins the new work week.

If they choose a) you will be notified by Upwork when that change is made. 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members