🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Bittersweet night tonight.
Page options
bizwriterjohn
Community Member

Bittersweet night tonight.

'Signed an Upwork deal this weekend to join a firm as chief strategist/top-down and all-things-IP-guy/bottom up.  There is a high probability this work will consume my schedule for the foreseeable future and I transition to my publishing career in six months to keep my free time busy.

It felt odd to send [withdraw] proposals to all my open opportunities and switch my profile to totally private so it cannot be seen by potential clients.  This may be my last job on Upwork for the foreseeable future. It feels almost as a seven-year career of many-projects, again-and-again is closing down.  Most surely the hunt for new work will end now.   I look back on the seven years and remember how many 3am in the mornings there were.  How many tears were shed.  The effort it took, the exhaustion endured. 

More than 70 projects, 2500 hours worked, 100% JSS and a 30% hire rate, premium billing rate.  For any young ones out there listening.  It was not always like that.  It took years upon years to achieve the momentum and business foundation to have this.  Inside secret.  If I can do it.  Anyone can do it.   It was simply the willingness to keep trying and not stop until the work was won and delivered.

I will miss competing for new work.  I think I will go have a scotch.  I cannot tell if I am celebrating or mourning.

Tomorrow, another Tip of the Week.  Good stuff.  What value experience, unless one shares it.

John.

1 REPLY 1
varungs
Community Member

John B wrote:

If I can do it.  Anyone can do it.  

Agreed. If you could do it, anyone certainly can.

John B wrote:

I look back on the seven years and remember how many 3am in the mornings there were.  How many tears were shed.

You should definitely improve your time management skills during your time with this new firm...

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members