🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Blocked by client after consultation
Page options
alaaayasser
Community Member

Blocked by client after consultation

Unfortunately due to lack of my experience, a client sent me an invitation asking for consultation.
I accepted invitation and we talked about it. then he blocked me after i answered him when we talked about payment ( without starting a contract )
So i am asking if there is a solution for this or i should forget about it 

3 REPLIES 3
petra_r
Community Member

Alaa Y wrote:

So i am asking if there is a solution for this or i should forget about it 

Don't forget about it as such, learn from it.

If you are asking if anyone can make the client pay you, the answer is "No."

so i am sharing my experience so people take care.
and for Upwork team if they will take an action against client as Upwork isn't a platform for such clients 

wlyonsatl
Community Member

Alaa Y.,

No one on this board knows exactly what was said on your call, but if this happens often you should reflect on how you are presenting yourself to clients.

If you find this sort of thing rarely happens to you, it is possible you were dealing with a client who always blocks freelancers after he has communicated with them but not hired them, so he doesn't have to deal with "follow-up" communications from those particular freelancers. There is nothing anyone can do to prevent that.

We have been told that recent changes in Upwork's rules and protocols (such as no more free connects) and the structure of the Job Success Score are in place to try to prevent freelancers from harassing clients, This client might be going the extra mile on his own to avoid this harassment.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members