🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Blocking a client
Page options
ayeshamehmood94
Community Member

Blocking a client

I recently had a very bad experience of working with a client, who disrespected me multiple times on call on the very first day of work, was extremely aggressive, and called me names. I ended the contract and she left a bad rating. I have worked very hard to gain 90% above JSS score. I don't want that rating to show on my profile, would blocking a client remove that feedback rating?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Ayesha M wrote:

I am more worried about the impression of my profile on clients....

If you refund in full, the contract will vanish from your profile. But the impact on your JSS will remain.

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
moonraker
Community Member

Ayesha M wrote:

would blocking a client remove that feedback rating?

No, it wouldn't!

Which feedback do you mean? The 4.5? 4.5 is not a big deal in itself (although it does take you closer to 90% JSS.

The only ways to remove it is to earn top-rated status and then use your perk to have it removed, or refund the client. Personally, I would not do either to have a 4.5 removed unless it's likely to lose me my top-rated status. 

Jamie F wrote:

The only way to remove it is to earn top-rated status and then use your perk to have it removed. Personally, I would not use the perk for a 4.5 

That's not the only way. Refunding it in full also removes it from the profile.

Petra R wrote:

Jamie F wrote:

The only way to remove it is to earn top-rated status and then use your perk to have it removed. Personally, I would not use the perk for a 4.5 

That's not the only way. Refunding it in full also removes it from the profile.

Doh!

Yes, of course. Silly me. (Original comment edited) 

But I would not refund for a 4.5 either, although that's entirely up to you, Ayehsa. 

I suspect that the 4.5 likely isn't the contract in question though. I suspect the contract in question hasn't appeared on her profile yet, hence the question if blocking her would prevent that from happening.

March is also not "recently"

4.5 is not a bad rating. It is quite a good rating.

The contract I am talking about has not appeared on my profile yet since it ended on 2:48 am today.

Yes you are right, the contract ended on 2:48 am today and but I am worried that my new clients will see that and won't invite me for new projects.

Ayesha M wrote:

Yes you are right, the contract ended on 2:48 am today and but I am worried that my new clients will see that and won't invite me for new projects.

How bad is it? Just poor stars or bad comment, too? How much did you earn? It will affect your JSS either way, but if the contract was that short and you haven't eared much (you said it happened on the first day) you want to first report the insults to Upwork, then block the client.

The contract and the feedback will still show on your profile though (unless you refund)

I earned $73 and it was automatic time tracking for this contract, worked for 7 hours and 20 minutes. Can you please let me know how to report this client, I am still very disturbed by the insults. She gave me one and a half star.

Were the insults in Upwork messenger? Then you can click on the gear icon on the right of a message (next to the time) and choose "report message"

This will not remove the feedback or protect your JSS though.

report messages.png

No most of the horrible insults were via call and when she asked me to share my laptop screen via teams Microsoft. I think then I will just have to wait to get paid to refund, I am not too worried about JSS I am more worried about the impression of my profile on clients....

Ayesha M wrote:

I am more worried about the impression of my profile on clients....

If you refund in full, the contract will vanish from your profile. But the impact on your JSS will remain.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members