cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blocking feature

sang_187
Sangeeta P Member Since: Jul 11, 2017
1 of 9

Can the Client access feedback section once thay have been blocked ? A contract just ended and a client has been very professional in his conduct recently. Have been thinking to block him but he hasnt provided feedback as yet and I have already done so. And I know that feedback is officially open to him for 14 days now. Worry is: what if he abuses feedback section after I block him ? 

Insights /comments welcome ! Thanks.

yitwail
Community Guru
John K Member Since: Feb 17, 2015
2 of 9

Sangeeta, from the way you describe the client, he's going to give you bad feedback anyway, but if you're afraid it will be worse if he discovers you blocked him, then why not wait 14 days or however long it takes for him to leave feedback before blocking him?

3 of 9

Thanks John for your quick reply ,however pay attention to my query..

My question is : will they be able to access the feedback section once they have been blocked before the 14 day period lets say..

Only then the point of good or bad feedback arises..

yitwail
Community Guru
4 of 9

Sangeeta, I apologize for missing your question. I would be shocked if the client wasn't able to leave feedback just because you blocked them. All blocking should do is prevent the client from sending you messages. If it were that simple to block feedback, every freelancer who thinks they might get bad feedback would do this. However, I can't quote any official Upwork site document that states that a blocked client can still leave feedback.

5 of 9
🙂
Speaking of your getting 'shocked' , trust me there are lot of shocking things on upwork John ! So ,ok, let me deviate and provide an example here . So apparently there is no policy that deters number of changes that a client can request under a particular contract or corresponding to a fixed price. This lacuna makes it easy for a client to request multiple changes "under the garb of old contract". 

Anyways,coming back to context ,thanks for your reply. It made sense to me though will have to dig further to see if its the truth

yitwail
Community Guru
BEST ANSWER
6 of 9

Sangeeta P wrote:
🙂
Speaking of your getting 'shocked' , trust me there are lot of shocking things on upwork John ! So ,ok, let me deviate and provide an example here . So apparently there is no policy that deters number of changes that a client can request under a particular contract or corresponding to a fixed price. This lacuna makes it easy for a client to request multiple changes "under the garb of old contract". 

Deviate away! What you described is known as scope creep, and the only way to prevent it that I'm aware of is to specify the number of revisions you're willing to do before you accept an offer. Even then, a client could still keep requesting changes, but at least if a dispute arises, you can point out to the mediator the messages you exchanged with the client where you specified the number of revisions included.

View solution in original post

sang_187
7 of 9

Thanks John !! 

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
8 of 9

Blocking a client on messages does not stop the client from leaving feedback. It only blocks the client from being able to send messages.

sang_187
9 of 9

Thanks for a succinct reply !!

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS