🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Bogus Job Posting?
Page options
alokeshwar
Community Member

Bogus Job Posting?

See attached. Why does Upwork allow a job with $100k budget without verifying payment method? I have noticed many such job postings with little details, nonsense budgets, no client history recently. Does Upwork not have a system to flag and stop these jobs from popping up?

Regards,

Aloke

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Aloke,

I understand your concern about this. I would like to share this thread with more information about the same topic. 

Also, please check out this post for more tips on how to avoid questionable jobs and use the flag option found on each job post or message anytime you’d like to report a violation or see something suspicious. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
pudingstudio
Community Member

Aloke T wrote:

See attached. Why does Upwork allow a job with $100k budget without verifying payment method? I have noticed many such job postings with little details, nonsense budgets, no client history recently. Does Upwork not have a system to flag and stop these jobs from popping up?

Regards,

Aloke

I don't get it. Why is this an issue?

Client can have any budget they want. I (freelancer) will send my proposal, I'll set the amount I'm happy with.
Sometimes clients budget is $5, sometimes it's $999.99, I don't care.

I will NOT start working without a contract. I will NOT do a job with a promise, but with $$ in escrow.

If I don't like the job post, won't send my proposal to it.

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Aloke,

I understand your concern about this. I would like to share this thread with more information about the same topic. 

Also, please check out this post for more tips on how to avoid questionable jobs and use the flag option found on each job post or message anytime you’d like to report a violation or see something suspicious. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
b075c920
Community Member

Several job listings would respond to your proposal, provide a link through a medium like Telegram or email, and subsequently delete the listing on Upwork. Ultimately, receiving a notification stating "your proposal was declined" can be disheartening. However, the reality is that this outcome is often due to either fraudulent clients who have no intention of compensating you or clients who prefer to conduct transactions outside of Upwork. I hope Upwork have a way to track these down, most of the time their payments are "verified" but no amount. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths