🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Bonus Payment Delays
Page options
docroot77
Community Member

Bonus Payment Delays

I have a client that pays most work through bonus payments. This is due to bonus payments being received much faster and being advised to take payments this way by upwork support for quicker funds withdrawl (5 day wait).

This was functioning normally for a few months and then suddenly all payments started having an extra day delay. This has now happened for the 3rd time on a payment. I am starting to suspect an issue here since this client pays very earlier in the morning of his day and has changed nothing else.

This is starting to become an issue since there is a serious lack of consistency with Upwork payments release times. Why have all bonuses started having an additional day added in pending status and then paying out after 5 more days?

1 REPLY 1
petra_r
Community Member

Lonnie L wrote:

I have a client that pays most work through bonus payments. This is due to bonus payments being received much faster and being advised to take payments this way by upwork support for quicker funds withdrawl (5 day wait).

That's nonsense. A released milestone takes 5 days, and a bonus takes 5 or 6 days depending on when during the day the bonus is issued and when Upwork collects that money.  

Bonuses also have no protection at all, in any way. 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members