🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Bonus Payment under Pending
Page options
f63617d3
Community Member

Bonus Payment under Pending

Hello

One of my clients sent me a $10 bonus payment. almost now 2 days pass. Before I informed him I had just checked in the community, some are mentioned, the client doesn't pay successfully so that's why the bonus payment is showing under the pending bar without a Date.

After that, I contact my client and told him that the payment that you sent me is not paid successfully after some time he sent me 2 screenshots of the Transaction details. The screenshot shows that he has paid me.

what is the problem?

10 REPLIES 10
NikolaS

Hi Mohamed,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I would like to clarify that payments for fixed-price milestones (and bonuses) have a 5-day security period from the time payment is made to funds availability. You can find more information in this help article

Feel free to let us know if you have further questions. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
f63617d3
Community Member

Thank you for your reply.

But once the client sent a bonus it will show the date under the date bar right, but it shows still pending. Now almost 24 hours pass

Hi Mohamed,

In general, bonuses show in the Transaction History the moment they're initiated by the client as Pending. Once the client is successfully charged and settles the outstanding balance from their end, the date when the amount becomes available will also show next to the transaction.

~ Valeria
Upwork

Then the client has a pending amount to pay for Upwork? So that's why the payment is still showing without the date as pending?

islamrubel27
Community Member

My client hires me on a bonus payment
And end my contact
My profile shows earnings but payments are pending
Please help me?

You probably were scammed and therfore will never recieve the money. Upwork should stop allowing bonuses to be used as the peimary and initial form of payment and inform freelancers not to let clients do that.

islamrubel27
Community Member

Hello
Bonus payment $3200.00+ hourly $491.67   = total =$3691.67  I'm done.
my profile shows earning = $3360.00
But my bonus payment is pending.
I don't understand what that means. Please help me.

Hi Rubel,

Thanks for reaching out. As Valeria shared here, once the client is successfully charged and settles the outstanding balance from their end, the date when the amount becomes available will also show next to the transaction under your Reports home page. As a reminder, Bonus payments do not qualify for Upwork Payment Protection.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
islamrubel27
Community Member

Hello Sir
Please tell me Why then my profile shows earning?
And shows the $3k + total spent in the client's profile. 
I'm waiting for you Sir.

In your feedback to this client you told him that he is a scammer. Do you still believe that?

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members