🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Bonus amount counted under eligibility of...
Page options
riddhi88
Community Member

Bonus amount counted under eligibility of Top rated plus badge?

What if my client pays me some amount as a Bonus and that reaches to my eligibilty limit of earnings through a contract to be eligible for being Top rated plus?

One of my client wants to pay me Bonus over my regular billing hours.

If I elaborate few related questions - 
-  Please let me know if this Bonus will be counted for my contract earning to count eligibility for Top rated plus.

- Can he pay more than 40 hours a week, if I log hours and he approves? 

- When will this Bonus be available to me for withdrawal? any cycle apply there?

- For Eligibility of Top rated plus what is group is counted, is it the payment under one contract or all payment by single client across different contracts?

Thank you in advance folks.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
petra_r
Community Member

Riddhi S wrote:

1- Please let me know if this Bonus will be counted for my contract earning to count eligibility for Top rated plus.

2- Can he pay more than 40 hours a week, if I log hours and he approves? 

3- When will this Bonus be available to me for withdrawal? any cycle apply there?

4- is it the payment under one contract or all payment by single client across different contracts?

First of all, be very careful with bonus payments. NEVER accept them instead of tracking any hours. There is absolutely no protection for bonus paments. ONLY accept them as what they are. a BONUS in addition to your tracked time.

1.  Yes, as long as it is one contract

2. Sure. But again, ONLY properly tracked hours are protected. hours paid as a bonus are NOT.

3. 5 days after the client's payment method has been successfully charged for the amount.

4. It has to be as one single contract, not several

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
ceefaeca
Community Member

Yes it does.

Bonus works in a similar way as money you get from fixed-price contracts. It will be added to your total earnins anyway.

petra_r
Community Member

Riddhi S wrote:

1- Please let me know if this Bonus will be counted for my contract earning to count eligibility for Top rated plus.

2- Can he pay more than 40 hours a week, if I log hours and he approves? 

3- When will this Bonus be available to me for withdrawal? any cycle apply there?

4- is it the payment under one contract or all payment by single client across different contracts?

First of all, be very careful with bonus payments. NEVER accept them instead of tracking any hours. There is absolutely no protection for bonus paments. ONLY accept them as what they are. a BONUS in addition to your tracked time.

1.  Yes, as long as it is one contract

2. Sure. But again, ONLY properly tracked hours are protected. hours paid as a bonus are NOT.

3. 5 days after the client's payment method has been successfully charged for the amount.

4. It has to be as one single contract, not several

riddhi88
Community Member

Hi Aru and Petra,

Thank you for your instant response.

I have one follow up question here about point #2 mentioned above. When I log more hours Upwork message says, It will not be charged automatically, you need to talk to your client. So how does my client approve those hours as, he is unable to increase allowed hours more than 40?

Thank you in advance.

petra_r
Community Member

Riddhi S wrote:

So how does my client approve those hours as, he is unable to increase allowed hours more than 40?

Why? The client is able to increase the weekly limit to whatever he wants.

There is no way to "approve" hours that were logged in excess of the weekly limit. The only way to pay for them is by bonus.

But it would be so much easier if your client simply increased or removed the weekly limit altogether.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths