cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bonus payment still pending since 24 h ?

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
11 of 18

Rahul T wrote:

I am not saying enforcing a Bonus Payment. Just tweaking your analogy/example a bit to fit my case:

Its like tipping a server with $300 before he brings a order with a cheque and then running away without paying for the Beer and the cheque also Bounces.

I am just trying to highlight a potential loopholes which is being used by some cunning clients and wasting a lot of time of freelancers.

One possible small suggestion I can think of is not allowing Bonuses till the project/milestone is complete.

In your example allow the tip once the bill is given to the customer.

It was an hourly contract.

You did not track your time

The end.

There is no need to change the system for everyone just because you made an error of judgment.

Rahul T Member Since: Mar 7, 2019
12 of 18

That is such a rude behaviour. Quoting this on glassdoor with 0 stars and permanent "Bye" to such a fraud site and rude and unprofessional moderators.

Community Guru
13 of 18

Rahul T wrote:

That is such a rude behaviour. Quoting this on glassdoor with 0 stars and permanent "Bye" to such a fraud site and rude and unprofessional moderators.

I am not a moderator, I am a freelancer like you.

I have no idea why you are objecting to plain facts.

You know how hourly contracts work. You made a choice not to track your time. If you had you would have been paid.

That is all there is too it. 

"Fraud site?" - What in the world are you talking about? You used the site wrong, you used the contract you were hired on wrong, and that means the protection that is available if you use an hourly contract correctly was not there. So the one who did you wrong was the client, whose payment method failed (deliberately or accidentally.)  How you get the idea that it is in some way ok to accuse the site of fraud when you simply used it all wrong is beyond me and says a lot about you.

But sure, if you can't handle being on a platform that lets you manage your business your way,  go ahead and close your profile.

Oh and Glassdoor is for employees. You are not an Upwork employee, so you are using that site wrong too.

14 of 18

"" I am not a moderator, I am a freelancer like you.

I have no idea why you are objecting to plain facts. ""

This makes all the more sense to me now that why you can't understand my perspective. Anyway keep up your good work and try to be calm, patient and humble when answering queries of people you have already lost money, time and energy due to this stupid flaw.

Thanks and peace,

Rahul

Community Guru
Tiffany S Member Since: Jan 15, 2016
15 of 18

Rahul, chances are that you've lost nothing. I have many ongoing clients who use the bonus feature to pay me, and those payments always show up as "pending" without a date for 1-3 days after the client makes the payment. Sometimes they take a day or two longer than a milestone payment to clear, while other times it washes out and when the date finally appears it's only a couple of days out. But, they've ALWAYS shown as pending for a while after payment was made and they've ALWAYS cleared.

Community Guru
16 of 18

Tiffany S wrote:

Rahul, chances are that you've lost nothing. I have many ongoing clients who use the bonus feature to pay me, and those payments always show up as "pending" without a date for 1-3 days after the client makes the payment.

Yes, but after 20 days it gets less likely daily...

The combo of the bonus remaining unpaid 20 days in and the client being unresponsive likely indicates that this probably never come through.

Community Guru
Cray H Member Since: Jul 21, 2018
17 of 18

Hi Rahul,

Thank you for your feedback. It’s working as designed. Upwork is able to provide Protection for certain payments, such as milestones funded in escrow and hours tracked by the freelancer properly. However, bonuses, manual time, not funded milestones aren’t covered by the protection. That said, as Petra noted the bonus payment may still go through as sometimes it takes longer due to issues with the client’s payment method.

I would also like to use this opportunity to remind everyone about the Community Guidelines.

- Mary
Untitled
18 of 18

He didn't give me a chance to log the hours. I was busy working out on the project and he ended the contract.

I have a clear clarity about how Upwork is working. I am just asking that isn't this a crazy flaw:

1) A client assign's a project at lets say in this case $30 per hour for a committed time of 10 hours which comes out to be $300.

2) He now pays you the bonus while you are working.

3) You continue working and deliver the project and he ends the project

4) Now the project is ended and the payment(Bonus) did not go through

When I contact the client, he doesn't respond

I guess you are just echoeing which already exists in Upwork. I am just asking that is there a way to deal with such cases. When you have the client details already there, then isn't there a way to contact him basis on the dispute filed by the freelancer.

Hope this makes sense to you.

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS