🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Bonus payment
Page options
philip-stones
Community Member

Bonus payment

Hello,a client sent me some bonus for a job,but the bonus is still pending, because of this am unable to further with the client job.please advise me on what to do
6 REPLIES 6
petra_r
Community Member

Stones P wrote:
Hello,a client sent me some bonus for a job,but the bonus is still pending, because of this am unable to further with the client job.please advise me on what to do

why would you be "unable to further with the client job"?

All payments are subject to a 5 day security period. That has absolutely nothing to do with your ability to proceed with the job. Payments in "pending" are approved by the client. There is absolutely nothing stopping you from proceeding with anything.

Though,am new on upwork and I don't know how to use the bonus,I will be glad if you can put me through

Stones P wrote:
Though,am new on upwork and I don't know how to use the bonus,I will be glad if you can put me through

You've been paid. Upwork will release the funds to you 5 days after they successfully charged the client for it.

So, should I tell the client to hold on or I can still use the bonus like that
philip-stones
Community Member

A client sent me some bonus for a job but the bonus is still on pending,how can I further my job with the pending bonus, please help me with this

I believe Petra already answered your question. The client has paid you. Upwork holds the funds for 5 days until it's been verified that the charge was successful. You can continue working with the client. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths