🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Bonus was given instead of hours
Page options
jeremy_villar
Community Member

Bonus was given instead of hours

Hi, I have a bit of an urgent question

A client opened an hourly contract with me and then gave me the entire sum of the contract as a bonus instead of as hours. -- will this $ amount show in the review?

If I re fund him the bonus, does this automatically close the contract or will it stay open? will the refund have any type of impact on job success score? If I refund, will he receive his fee back as well?

8 REPLIES 8
prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "will this $ amount show in the review?"

Yes. The total dollar amount shows in job history, regardless of if money was from hourly pay or bonus.

re: "If I re fund him the bonus, does this automatically close the contract or will it stay open?"

Sending a refund has no effect on closing a contract or keeping a contract open.

re: "will the refund have any type of impact on job success score?"

No.

re: "If I refund, will he receive his fee back as well?"

Yes.

much appreciated Preston.Thank you

Preston H wrote:

re: "If I refund, will he receive his fee back as well?"

Yes.

No, he will not. The 3% client fee is not refunded

Jeremy, did you properly track your hours?

yes, I properly tracked my hours. They were just hasty in setting up the contract.

If I just accept the bonus, how will this show in job history? will it show as 0 hours and then the money from the bonus? or just the money from the bonus?

Preston, will it show as 0 hours worked and then the bonus? or just the $ amount from the bonus

You have to either delete the hours (if they are from this week) and keep the bonus, or refund the bonus and keep the hours.

If you delete the hours, it will show as 0 hours and the bonus amount paid.

colettelewis
Community Member

Jeremy V wrote:

Hi, I have a bit of an urgent question

A client opened an hourly contract with me and then gave me the entire sum of the contract as a bonus instead of as hours. -- will this $ amount show in the review?

If I re fund him the bonus, does this automatically close the contract or will it stay open? will the refund have any type of impact on job success score? If I refund, will he receive his fee back as well?

Unless your client has paid you twice - why would you want to refund him? A contract with no payment at all will impact your JSS.  

hi Nichola,

my objective is not to refund the client and not get paid. My objective is to refund the client and get paid properly.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members