🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Boost bidding
Page options
philipskein
Community Member

Boost bidding

Hi guys

Can someone please explain to me how "boost bidding" adds value for the client? Surely a client will benefit more if the proposals are ranked in order of skillset, experience, and job success score?

6 REPLIES 6
williamtcooper
Community Member

Hi William

Access seems to be denied to the link you provided.

Try again - just clicked and works fine.

tlsanders
Community Member

Upwork does an extremely poor job of that sort of ranking, probably because there are so many variables. Often, the first several proposals that appear organically are so terrible that a client wanders off and never hires anyone--perhaps never uses Upwork again. 

Boosting is likely a neutral for clients--they can choose to open the boosted proposals first or not. I usually just skim the first two lines and mini-profile to decide which to open--I suspect tht's what most clients do.

celgins
Community Member

Upwork says that Boosting allows clients to see which freelancers are most interested in their projects and that high interest is a great sign that a freelancer is dedicated to helping you get the results you’re looking for. I guess the other freelancers who don't boost their proposals are not as interested, but submitted proposals anyway. 😂

miriam-ocampo
Community Member

It doesn't add value to the customer. It's a source of income for Upwork and an expense for the freelancer. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths