🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Boost your proposal
Page options
avinay_web
Community Member

Boost your proposal

Guys

I just confirmed with all others please dont do Boost your proposal to bid 25 and so on connects its do nothing and we get charged to buy new connects instead of that if who ever applied for obs just use normal connects which is nneded for that job so that way we save our connects and not overcharged to buy new connects and we can bid many projects with few connects so I think t's good idea 

whats your thought 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
williamtcooper
Community Member

Only Boost your proposal if you have an extremely good match. Otherwise, do the default bid.

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16
aff80a9b
Community Member

Got your point Avinay, but if we want to be on the 1st then we have to bid the highest, if you really think you are perfect for the job and you have a good job history it's worth bidding for higher.

Having a top slot is no guarantee the client will read your proposals, much less hire you. Boosting has made no difference for me.

Fine, spend your connects.

avinay_web
Community Member

The problem is not abount perfection and the work you did same in your past but problem is about connectes people use to do  55 connects for getting job they have great skills and great work history but didnt get so my conecrn is why we should waste connects like 55 connects for single job that cost us because we didnt get any response 

Avinay K wrote:

The problem is not abount perfection and the work you did same in your past but problem is about connectes people use to do  55 connects for getting job they have great skills and great work history but didnt get so my conecrn is why we should waste connects like 55 connects for single job that cost us because we didnt get any response 

You could have still ended up at the bottom of the list and not gotten any response even before the boost feature existed, no matter how great your work is. Nothing has changed there. Personally, I haven't seen any difference whether I boost my bids or not.

I don't find it necessary to boost. Don't use it if you don't want to do so. I have seen jobs where 30 people applied using huge numbers of boosts, and yet no one is hired.

feed_my_eyes
Community Member

Avinay K wrote:

Guys

I just confirmed with all others please dont do Boost your proposal

What others? If people find that they get more jobs when they boost, then they're going to keep using it. If you don't want to use it, you don't need to - it's only if you want one of the top 3 positions on the list, but it's not like your proposal will be hidden otherwise. Maybe you'll be 4th or 5th on the list and the client will still see your proposal. 

46483a1d
Community Member

Hi guys. The issue of boosting connections for a bid is a total waste, guys lets use only the indicated connects to bid for jobs. Am new here though😀

Yes thats true I really agree with you Francis

46483a1d
Community Member

Team I can't find the upwork readiness test on my portal. Please someone help me locate it. Thank you!

Hi Francis,

Thank you for reaching out. The Upwork Readiness Test has been discontinued on the platform. You can read more about it in this announcement

~ AJ
Upwork
williamtcooper
Community Member

Only Boost your proposal if you have an extremely good match. Otherwise, do the default bid.

If you have got an extremely good match, surely you do not need to boost.

Frequently that is a correct statement because your Profile becomes "Best Match".

gul0313
Community Member

WhatsApp Image 2023-03-19 at 11.36.21.jpeg

Upwork must think about it. It is not good. Maximum connects must be 20 to 25 not unlimited. I observe that the top 4 boosted proposals are 0 earned freelancers. They spend free connects and all top-rated freelancers shown below.

Why must upwork think about it? This race is a great source of income for upwork.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths