Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

'Boosting' your proposal

battershall-ramo
Community Guru
Ramon B Member Since: Jan 11, 2015
1 of 24

Hi,
How do you boost a proposal so it comes at the top please?

wescowley
Community Guru
Wes C Member Since: May 3, 2019
2 of 24

You cannot (yet and hopefully never).

axeemahmed
Azeem A Member Since: Sep 15, 2021
3 of 24
Now you can boost your proposal. 🙂
djondinium
Community Manager
Aleksandar D Community Manager Member Since: Mar 23, 2019
4 of 24

Hi Ramon,

Having a complete and clear profile along with submitting tailored proposals for jobs you have the skillset, time, and experience to complete in line with the client's requirements will help position your proposal higher on the list.

Please note that clients have the option to sort the view depending on how they would like to view the proposals they received. They can also see the best match for their job that's run by an algorithm that is solely focused on sorting the proposal order, all of which are displayed and available on the client's end. However, we won't be able to discuss the algorithm's specifics, we can share it takes into account the content of the proposal, information available on the freelancer's profile and service they provide, as well as the client's hiring preferences. Hope this helps.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
312f28ad
Amit M Member Since: Aug 16, 2021
5 of 24
Thank you for your valuable response on this topic.
jr-translation
Community Guru
Jennifer R Member Since: Sep 15, 2017
6 of 24

Aleksandar D wrote:

Hi Ramon,

Having a complete and clear profile along with submitting tailored proposals for jobs you have the skillset, time, and experience to complete in line with the client's requirements will help position your proposal higher on the list.

Please note that clients have the option to sort the view depending on how they would like to view the proposals they received. They can also see the best match for their job that's run by an algorithm that is solely focused on sorting the proposal order, all of which are displayed and available on the client's end. However, we won't be able to discuss the algorithm's specifics, we can share it takes into account the content of the proposal, information available on the freelancer's profile and service they provide, as well as the client's hiring preferences. Hope this helps.

Thank you.

Aleksandar, Ramon is asking about this new Upwork Brain child.

martina_plaschka
Community Guru
Martina P Member Since: Jul 11, 2018
7 of 24

Ramon B wrote:

Hi,

Just wait for September. 

roberty1y
Community Guru
Robert Y Member Since: Aug 25, 2017
8 of 24

Martina P wrote:

Ramon B wrote:

Hi,

Just wait for September. 

I was hoping Upwork might bin that idea.

martina_plaschka
Community Guru
Martina P Member Since: Jul 11, 2018
9 of 24

Robert Y wrote:

Martina P wrote:

Ramon B wrote:

Hi,

Just wait for September. 

I was hoping Upwork might bin that idea.

I am hoping too, but not too hopeful.....

dotticolvin
Ace Contributor
Dotti C Member Since: Sep 22, 2017
10 of 24

ME TOO.  I think it's the worst idea they have ever had. Yet another way to bleed money from freelancers. So now the more we PAY to apply for a job the better chance we have. Not just skills based then... 

Dear Upwork: Sometimes I think you have never had a conversation with a freelancer. 

I am available if you want some serious advice.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS