🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Breakdown of hours worked over whole job
Page options
richard_wein
Community Member

Breakdown of hours worked over whole job

Hi. I've been working on an hourly job intermittently over the last year. I'd like, if possible, to get a summary of all the hours I've worked, broken down by memo. Something like this...

Memo 1... 3 hours

Memo 2.... 2.5 hours

Memo 3... 10 hours

etc.

I guess I could compile a list like that myself, by looking back through the whole work diary. But is there an easier way to do it?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi Richard,

If you go to Reports > My Reports you should be able to customize your report to add a Memo column or sort by Memo. You can also select a custom date range, which can go back up to a year. If it helps you can also export this report as a CSV and then edit it further to fit your needs.

Hope this information is helpful,

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
tta192
Community Member

You could activate your client profile, post a job and hire a fellow freelancer to do it for you.

Really, the work diary is meant as a tool for short term use, so the client can review your work before approving payment. Beyond that (you and ) your client should have a proper way of managing the project. 

You you need the memos from one year back it means there are bigger issues you and the client should improve.

AndreaG

Hi Richard,

If you go to Reports > My Reports you should be able to customize your report to add a Memo column or sort by Memo. You can also select a custom date range, which can go back up to a year. If it helps you can also export this report as a CSV and then edit it further to fit your needs.

Hope this information is helpful,

~Andrea
Upwork

Thanks Andrea. I didn't realize the Weekly Summary report page was so flexible.

Richard W wrote:

It never used to be, and it's only usefully flexible with a Plus Account.

Petra R wrote:

Richard W wrote:

It never used to be, and it's only usefully flexible with a Plus Account.

I suppose that might be a good reason to get Plus--if I needed 80 connects a month. Anyway, I managed to extract the info I needed, without Plus, though I had to do some work on it in Excel, to do things like filtering out other contracts. (There doesn't seem to be a way in the web page to select just one contract.) So I guess it's not really very flexible, but it's better than I expected.

Richard W wrote:

So I guess it's not really very flexible, but it's better than I expected.

Great job, Upwork, on training your users to have low expectations 🙂

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths