cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bring my developer to work with existing client

sanketmehta7
Sanket M Member Since: Mar 7, 2016
1 of 7

I am an agency and my developer needs to work with my existing client work. How can i get work assigned of my existing client to new developer via BYOF scheme or any other method, so that payment happens via agency. And work continues of my existing client.

g_vasilevski
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
2 of 7

Hi Sanket,

If the client brings a freelancer via the BYOF program they won't be able to a part of your agency. In order for the freelancer to become a part of your agency he/she will need to have an approved account.

Thank you.

Untitled
sanketmehta7
3 of 7

Developer account was created but its not getting approved, i think due to skill already in demand issues. But work is already there for the developer and client is also eager to work with them. How to fix this problem. It for benefit of both party (client/developer/agency) and upwork as platform too.

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
4 of 7

@Sanket M wrote:

Developer account was created but its not getting approved, i think due to skill already in demand issues. .

Then the freelancer can not work on Upwork and the client can hire one of the hundreds of thousands of approved freelancers.

The workflow you describe is designed to "sneak" a rejected freelancer onto Upwork.

Others have tried that, it is not going to work.

sanketmehta7
5 of 7

She is a new developer with no upwork history. So it also rejects chances of new developer.

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
6 of 7

@Sanket M wrote:

She is a new developer with no upwork history. So it also rejects chances of new developer.

There are too many already. The majority never win a single job.

Again, what you propose (a sneaky work-around to try and get a rejected person onto Upwork) is not going to work and you might be seen to be trying to circumvent policies which could have repercussions on your own account so I'd suggest you just simply drop it.

If that person isn't getting approved she is not getting approved.

sanketmehta7
7 of 7

Thanks for help.  It might be due to lot of developers. Better for everyone then.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS