🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Bring your own freelancer difficulty
Page options
947102f9
Community Member

Bring your own freelancer difficulty

Anyone else having trouble with the bring your own freelancer feature. I have around 9 freelancers which we found outside of Upwork and now can't bring them into our clients. Incredibly frustrating. We run a huge freelancing business over 200 freelancers and the customer service in Upwork is just terrible time after time. I'm looking for other platforms now if I can't get this resolved. I've logged tikcets on my end and the freelancers have been chating to "no customer service" for a week with no joy

10 REPLIES 10
varungs
Community Member

Freelancers are subject to a stringent verification process whereas clients are not. As such, it's much harder to bring your own freelancer than it is to bring your own client.

947102f9
Community Member

Terrible CEX from my point of view

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

I apologize for the inconvenience this caused, Wade!

I'll go ahead and follow up with the team handling your case and you can expect to receive an update on your ticket as soon as possible. 

Thank you for your patience.

~ Bojan
Upwork
JoanneP

Hi Wade,

I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing trouble with the Bring your own Freelancer feature. I checked your account, and I saw that you already have an open ticket regarding this issue. One of our team members will update your ticket and will assist you further. Thanks!

~ Joanne
Upwork

I'm curious as to why you look for freelancers outside of Upwork and then struggle to bring them onto the platform. (Reading some of your previous posts, it sounds like you have problems with your freelancers getting suspended as well.) Wouldn't it be easier to just do a search for freelancers who are already on Upwork?

No, we don't find the quality of freelancers on Upwork to suit our needs. The freelancers that we find and bring to the platform ourselves we have much better success with and have lower attrition. Even with the massive fee's upwork take it seems they are unterested in solving this problem for us, despite the fact we have consistantly run with 150-200 freelancers over many years

Wade L wrote:

No, we don't find the quality of freelancers on Upwork to suit our needs. The freelancers that we find and bring to the platform ourselves we have much better success with and have lower attrition. Even with the massive fee's upwork take it seems they are unterested in solving this problem for us, despite the fact we have consistantly run with 150-200 freelancers over many years

If you're having trouble bringing freelancers onto the platform and you don't like the "massive fees" (which are charged to freelancers, not to you), then why do you want to bring them here at all? And they don't sound like they're very high quality if they can't get their profiles approved without your intervention, or if they're frequently being suspended, as you state in your other posts. I don't get what's in it for you.

Yes, I agree with Christine. What is the benefit for you of bringing freelancers onto Upwork if the process is cumbersome and the fees don't make sense? Wouldn't it make more sense, considering the size of your business, to keep the freelancers you find on your own with you? Why force them to take a rate cut by bringing them on platform? 

Perhaps the freelancers just don't want to be on Upwork at all and it is quite clear that Upwork does not want some of them.

"Attrition" is such an odd word to use in this context. 

947102f9
Community Member

Still not fixed unfortunately 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths