🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Budget - In Escrow - Remaining - (Funded)...
Page options
jorgeprz
Community Member

Budget - In Escrow - Remaining - (Funded) HELP

Hi, I am new user here. I have a job in this status: 

Budget $50.00 In Escrow$50.00 Milestones Paid $0.00 Remaining $50.00

I submitted work for payment 14 days ago.

The client asked me for a discount of 50% of the price, claiming that the electrical circuit did not work, and I explained that he had to use the electrical materials that I indicated and also repeated all the details of the different tasks he requested. I was diligent and consistent. But the client did not make the circuit with the indicated materials, instead he did it with "similar" materials, and this, in the branch of electricity, makes a circuit not work well. What options do I have to solve this? Thanks and sorry for my translation.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

re: "And I sent it 14 days ago."

Did you click the "Submit Work / Request Payment" button 14 days ago?

I always click that button when I submit fixed-price work.

That way, if the client does nothing, then the full amount of the escrow payment is automatically released to me, after 14 days.

Even if the client asks for changes, the escrow money is automatically released to me, as long as the client does not click the official "Request Changes" button.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
a_lipsey
Community Member

You can decline his request and take it to dispute or counter offer. The dispute process just brings in a intermediary who does not make a judgement but only helps with communication. If the dispute process fails, you'll have to pony up $291 for arbitration, which will render a decision, and it may not be in your favor, or it might. So you have to see if it's worth $291 to get $50? Probably not. I'd try to resolve this with the client first by declining again the request for refund and/or making a counteroffer of a 10 or 15% discount, just to close the contract and get it done. 

Thansk so much, let me try counteroffer and write results

Amanda Thanks so much, Your guidance will help me a lot for the next work I do here, thanks for the support.

prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "The client asked me for a discount of 50% of the price, claiming that the electrical circuit did not work..."

I am sorry that this happened to you.

This client's behavior was extremely inappropriate and unprofessional.

If the amount was sufficiently large, then it might not make sense for you to negotiate with this client. Beause if this went all the way to arbitration, then there is little chance that an arbitrator would decide in favor of this client.

But for $50?

I think Amanda offered you some great advice. But keep in mind that one option you have is to accept the payment of $25 instead of $50, and thus immediately cease wasting your time with this person.

re: "...instead he did it with 'similar' materials, and this, in the branch of electricity, makes a circuit not work well"

Ugh. Like baking a cake with salt instead of sugar. Which ARE (after all) extremely similar in appearance.

And that is not the whole story, friend, the original work was that it required to specify the transformer (a component of the circuit) to power an electric heater, I needed it and I also gave several other transformers that were useful for its application . After this he asked me for the complete circuit, the list of materials with their specifications of each one and also the link to see it on ebay. I did all that, electrical circuit, bill of materials, link ebay, everything. And I sent it 14 days ago.

re: "And I sent it 14 days ago."

Did you click the "Submit Work / Request Payment" button 14 days ago?

I always click that button when I submit fixed-price work.

That way, if the client does nothing, then the full amount of the escrow payment is automatically released to me, after 14 days.

Even if the client asks for changes, the escrow money is automatically released to me, as long as the client does not click the official "Request Changes" button.

Well, this is why I made this post, because today in the morning there are 14 days of having sent the work and the state had not changed, I continued in the status of revision, but now, I just reviewed and passed to the pending status Well, this is why I made this post, because today in the morning there are 14 days of having sent the work and the state had not changed, I continued in the status of revision, but now, I just reviewed and passed to the pending status

Well, this is why I made this post, because today in the morning there are 14 days of having sent the work and the state had not changed, I continued in the status of revision, but now, I just reviewed and passed to the pending status 

The guy threatened to rate me positive if I gave him the discount.
But since that's nothing compared to what I live here, it made me laugh.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths