🐈 Community
lanwanman

Bug, Glitch, or Timing

As a freelancer, I usually check the Proposals page to determine if there are any new invitations for review just in case I do not receive an Upwork email alert to that effect. This morning when checking the Proposals page there were no listings in the Invitations area (nor in Active Candidacies or Offers).

I noticed the orange circle adjacent the bell in the header indicating I had a message for review. Sure enough there was an invitation pending review that I accessed via the message link.

Is this a bug, a glitch, or an isolated instance whereby system timing was not working the way it should?

Invitation Info: qualtrics survey management LINK REMOVED BY AUTHOR FOR SECURITY REASONS

Ron aka LanWanMan
ACCEPTED SOLUTION
vladag
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Ron,

I've checked and also can't find the invite among the Archived interviews. I see you submitted a ticket regarding this invite and I'll escalate it to the appropriate team.

Thank you.

Untitled

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
vladag
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Ron,

I've checked and also can't find the invite among the Archived interviews. I see you submitted a ticket regarding this invite and I'll escalate it to the appropriate team.

Thank you.

Untitled

Thank you Vladimir. On rare occasions an email alert that an Invitation is available for review arrives well after my already having seen the invitation. That is not a problem if the system is designed to send those email alerts in batch at periodic intervals. This is the first time the invitation has not appeared in the Invitation area of the Proposals page.

Maybe this condition is related to the recent bidding issue: More problems - Yet They.... https://community.upwork.com/t5/Freelancers/More-problems-Yet-They-Feel-They-Should-Charge-More/m-p/...

Ron aka LanWanMan
Learning Paths