🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Bug? Job invite in my email, not loading when...
Page options
kelly_e
Community Member

Bug? Job invite in my email, not loading when I click through...

I got an invitation to apply for a job (at 1 am my time). At 6:30 am I saw it (I sleep...) and tried to click through to read the job description.

>>We can't complete your request now

>>Please try again later.
>>To report this problem, click here.

>>Error 500 (A)
>>Trace ID: 66f27cf56e97e839-EWR

• By the way, "click here" just goes to Help, not to a bug reporting feature with all this lovely info pre-filled like it should. And going to Help, then looking for "bug report," is a frustrating experience because nothing in Help is a bug reporting link. Grr. That should be a persistent nav item in the footer, at least in Help if not everywhere, and should be the first choice when I type "Bug report" into the search in Help, if it's not in the footer. wth.

After that didn't work, I tried the link in my UW messages and got the same error. So either it's a very bad bug, or a section of the UW site is wonky, or the employer put up a job and within five hours decided he or she was just kidding and took the job down... but I can't figure out which, because there's no bug report link...

[question only relevant to me, that really should be in a private report]

(1a) did the employer remove the job?

[if so, the error message should be WORDED to give me that information instead of worded like it's a bug that needs to be reported]

—(1b) or is UW having some sort of issue?

[question that belongs on the forum since it's relevant to more than one person and one issue]

(2) WHY is there no simple way to report a bug, especially when there's a "click here" right there that should go straight to one?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Kelly,

Thank you for the details. I would like to confirm that we have a problem that is affecting this area and our team is working on resolving it as soon as possible.
Our team will also reach out to you via ticket to assist you further.

Regarding your questions, thank you for your feedback I will share it with our team. You can always report a bug or anything similar to us (Moderators) or by contacting our Customer Support directly. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
2a05aa63
Community Member

Try again later. Some kind of server error.

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Kelly,

When you receive this message, usually simply clearing your cache and cookies or login in via another browser will solve it. 
However, could you share the job title or URL with me via PM (click on my name) so that I can check the details? Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

PM sent.

By the way, this is a perfect demo of what I should be doing *in a bug report.*

That part of my question didn't get answered. Why does UW say "click here" to report it, but then doesn't have any way to report it?

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Kelly,

Thank you for the details. I would like to confirm that we have a problem that is affecting this area and our team is working on resolving it as soon as possible.
Our team will also reach out to you via ticket to assist you further.

Regarding your questions, thank you for your feedback I will share it with our team. You can always report a bug or anything similar to us (Moderators) or by contacting our Customer Support directly. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Screen Shot 2021-07-15 at 7.46.20 PM.png**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Alexia,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and will assist you further with your account. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hello;

I received an invite to interview for a job post.

Now, whenever I'm trying to visit my proposal page it's showing some random error message due to which I'm unable to apply for the posting.

Image 1.png

I know of at least one other person who experienced this today. Since it was a known problem, is there any possibility that UW sent a bulletin out to clients letting them know that FLs were unable to respond to project invitations between x time and y time?

Nothing but a bunch of HTML language. Can't load anything.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members