Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bug: Search for author in Community

Community Guru
Ela K Member Since: Feb 9, 2015
1 of 9

Bildschirmfoto 2018-03-02 um 13.01.37.png

I just realised that you only get results when you type in usernames. 

Please fix this.

Community Guru
Jess C Member Since: Feb 18, 2015
2 of 9

Yeah, that's ridiculous. I'll add this to the "Punchlist..."

Screen Shot 2018-03-02 at 12.19.20 PM.png

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
3 of 9

Ela and Jess,

Search by author's name is an out of box feature and we may not be able to change the way it's working at the moment. We will look into removing it in the future to avoid confusion.

Thanks.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Community Guru
Ela K Member Since: Feb 9, 2015
4 of 9

I can see something changed - before it didn't say that I don't exist... yes, confusing.

It's baffling that a company like Upwork chooses to implement out-of-the-box features that don't work.

Bildschirmfoto 2018-03-03 um 11.32.05.png

Ace Contributor
Sheila F Member Since: Apr 6, 2017
5 of 9

I'm reviving this thread because a recent thread has made it clear that posts to the forum could be useful in helping to identify and avoid problem clients, a.k.a CFH (Clients From Hell).

However, searching for posts by Author is seriously broken.

Looks like nothing has changed since Ela K's last post in this thread

Oh, and for those of you trying to recreate the problem, start by clicking on the magnifying glass in the Search input box to get to the different criteria input boxes (Location, Author, etc.) to appear. Took me a while to stumble on that.

Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
6 of 9

Hi Sheila, 

Thank you for flagging this issue again. I'll make sure to share your report with the team so that we can check further.

ETA: Shiela, as a workaround, you may click on Ela's name, or any Community member's name which will lead you to their Community profile. From there, you will be able to see their posts, and replies. While it may not be easy to look through the the threads, you may find some useful threads by just going through their list of posts/replies.

-Avery
Untitled
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
7 of 9

Sheila F wrote:

I'm reviving this thread because a recent thread has made it clear that posts to the forum could be useful in helping to identify and avoid problem clients, a.k.a CFH (Clients From Hell).

How?

Community Guru
Christine A Member Since: May 4, 2016
8 of 9

Sheila F wrote:

What that might have meant was that, by reading forum posts, you could learn how other freelancers handle their problems with clients. Most clients never find their way into the forum. If you're looking for information about a specific client, I think that it would be more useful to check their feedback and history.

Ace Contributor
Sheila F Member Since: Apr 6, 2017
9 of 9

Christine A wrote:

What that might have meant was that, by reading forum posts, you could learn how other freelancers handle their problems with clients. Most clients never find their way into the forum. If you're looking for information about a specific client, I think that it would be more useful to check their feedback and history.

It would be just another bit of information about a potential client. 

And I know about clicking on a username in order to see all the posts for a given user.

The problem is that you have a get to at least one of their posts in order to click on the username.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS