🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Bug on the client's side in the app?
Page options
tanya-mikhaylova
Community Member

Bug on the client's side in the app?

I have been gently asking clients that never ended contracts with me to close them out if it has been a few months, and two separate clients using the app said they couldn't figure out how to. I am wondering if this could be a bug? 

"I’m not sure where to do that.

For some reason you don’t even show up in my past hires...

I’m using the app"

As a side note, I wish we didn't have to bug clients with this and upwork would automatically close idle contracts after a few months of inactivity instead of lowering freelancer's JSS. People are busy and it is not unusual for a client to never log into Upwork again after the project has been completed if they don't need any more work done.

6 REPLIES 6
prestonhunter
Community Member

Actually... it CAN BE difficult to figure out how to close a contract.

One needs to navigate to the contract page, and then click the "three dots" icon, to reveal a "hidden" drop-down menu that allows for closing the contract. It's not very intuitive.

Preston H wrote:

Actually... it CAN BE difficult to figure out how to close a contract.

One needs to navigate to the contract page, and then click the "three dots" icon, to reveal a "hidden" drop-down menu that allows for closing the contract. It's not very intuitive.

LOL Preston.

I'm not sure if what you just described is a super difficult thing to do.

All,

Note that a few posts have been removed from this thread as they were off topic and included personal attacks. 

~ Valeria
Upwork
petra_r
Community Member

Tatyana M wrote:

I’m using the app"

Maybe your clients should try to simply use a computer?

Tatyana M wrote:

As a side note, I wish we didn't have to bug clients with this and upwork would automatically close idle contracts after a few months of inactivity instead of lowering freelancer's JSS.

Well, your wish is granted. You absolutely do NOT have to "bug clients."

Upwork does not close idle contracts unless they are fixed rate and have funds in Escrow, but you are entirely able to simply close them yourself.

As long as money way paid under a contact and you don't have an insane number of such contracts, they do not hurt your JSS at all, in any way, shape or form, whether you leave them idle or close them yourself.

"as long as money way paid under a contact and you don't have an insane number of such contracts, they do not hurt your JSS at all, in any way, shape or form, whether you leave them idle or close them yourself."

Petra, your statement seems to contradict what Upwork is saying. Please refer to the last point. JSS drops when "several months have passed since you received a payment." Here is the link:https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/115006097327

Your Job Success Score drops when one of the following happens between updates

• You receive poor public or private feedback from one or more clients.
  • Jobs you completed in the past are no longer considered because they are outside the score's time frame.
  • Jobs with no earnings or no feedback become counted in your score, either because they were closed or because several months have passed since you received a payment.

Tatyana M wrote:

"as long as money way paid under a contact and you don't have an insane number of such contracts, they do not hurt your JSS at all, in any way, shape or form, whether you leave them idle or close them yourself."

Petra, your statement seems to contradict what Upwork is saying. Please refer to the last point. JSS drops when "several months have passed since you received a payment."

It *means* (because they often word things so badly) several months have passed and you never earned Dollar or more.

In reality, it has no effect as long as money was paid and you don't have an insanely high percentage of such contacts.

It is better explained here

jss.jpg

I can show you a profile with 85% of no feedback contracts across all three calculation windows and a 100% JSS.

Idle contracts (with money paid) are irrelevant. Just close them if they bother you (one at a time, starting with the oldest or the least likely to reappear.)

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths