🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Bug reported to Upwork team
Page options
dharmindersharm1
Community Member

Bug reported to Upwork team

Hello,

I need advise- i have reported an bug to upwork in the time tracker application. I first noticed this bug almost 2 weeks ago.

One of my client has ended the contract and filed dispute to previous week hour after job completion.

After ending the contract- no one can log hours in desktop application.  I have noticed- one day work which was recorded on upwork timer and upwork web history were erased automatically. Those hours were logged before client ended contract and filed dispute.

I have reported this to customer support executive almost 10 days ago. They have advised me to wait for dispute closure first than only any action can be taken for missing hours.

Now the dispute is already closed but still those missing hours are not added to my work history.

I have re-contacted upwork executives and created ticket for same 5 days ago- send them my upwork timers logs- they acknowledged some hours are not billed to client which is the bug of the applicaiton.  They are investigating how this softwar glitch happened. But who will pay me and how those missing hours will be added to my profile. I have not recieved any satisfactory answer.

In the community if anyone has similar experience - where a bug is reported to upwork. The delay from upwork end after they admit their software issue. Will the developer get payment or the ticket will continue forever.

How do freelancer expect the client will pay bonus for those missing hours- if his dispute was rejected.

Thank You

Regards

Dharminder

1 REPLY 1
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Dharminder,

I understand your frustration with this and I`m sorry about the inconvenience this had caused you. Rest assured our team is investigating your case further and will update your ticket as soon as possible. Just to confirm that I`ve also escalated your ticket to our engineering team. Thank you for your patience.

~ Goran
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members