cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bugs report

leahslang
Leah S Member Since: Jul 6, 2019
71 of 78

Hi, currently it's not possible to progress past the "Set a security phone number" step of profile creation. I reproduced the issue on the app, mobile web (Safari), and in Google Chrome.

axisware
Max K Member Since: Apr 19, 2016
72 of 78

Hi, there is a UI bug in a new portfolio section. Upwork redesigned portfolio page for agencies and freelancers, and now portfolio items (images) are bigger than before - actual size is 438*300 px. However, probably because of the old algorithm, any image now is compressed to 320*240px. It leads to low-quality previews of projects in the portfolio section, images are blurry and looks not nice. 

Please address this issue so agencies and freelancers can showcase their portfolio in the best possible way.

vladag
Community Manager
Vladimir G Community Manager Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
73 of 78

Hi Max,

Thanks for sharing your feedback. I checked and it appears you're reffing to the cover image and not individual samples, and only to the cover images in your Agency Portfolio? It appears only they are displayed in the size you noted.

I tried to replicate and do see that even without using it, the cropping tool is applied on cover images. I'll follow up with our team to investigate and we'll post an update here once we have more information.

Let me know if you're seeing the automatic resizing in a different Portfolio area or profile context and thanks for flagging this process!

Untitled
axisware
Max K Member Since: Apr 19, 2016
74 of 78

Hi Vladimir,

Thank you for the quick reply. Yes, you are right, this issue is related only to the cover image for portfolio item on Agency Profile. I'm sorry for omitting these details in the first post. 

Also, you are right that cropping is applied every time. I think the process of uploading a cover image may be improved - it would be useful if there is a label saying the preferred image size or at least ratio. Now it says - "max resolution - 4000*4000" - but what's the use of it if the image will be cropped to a different ratio. We try to design our portfolio images the way they look great on the page, so we need to know what is the best size for uploaded images. We are developers so we can figure it out, but still, it will be a good help from Upwork to tell the best size.

sara_ammar37
Sara A Member Since: Mar 11, 2018
75 of 78

Hi, 

there is an unexpected bug. When I was reading a job post, I found wrong calculations of   "  avg hourly rate paid " for a client. The attached image will illustrate this strange issue. I reviewed all the previous contracts for this client and not found one matched to this average rate.

bstojadinovic
Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
76 of 78

Hi Sara,

Thank you for this report. Could you please click on my name and send me a PM with a link to the job you're referring to? We'll check that further and escalate accordingly. 

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
yash2906
Yash P Member Since: Feb 23, 2019
77 of 78

Cant expain bug with description's, Please check the attacked image, That will explain you everything!

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

g_vasilevski
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
78 of 78

Hi Yash,

I checked the image you`ve shared here but was not able to locate any problems/bugs. If you have more details feel free to reach out to me via PM (click on my name). Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS