Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bugs with new design

Highlighted
Community Guru
Suzanne N Member Since: Aug 15, 2012
1 of 39

I don't mean to complain, but I have found a few bugs that need fixing.

First off my notifications in my portal keep showing an orange notification, which I click it and it is my payment from earlier today, but as soon as I go back to my account it shows up again.

Second when I went to flag a job as inappropriate it disappears at top of page. My address bar is just above the top, It is cut off there.

Third, I am not getting notifications in the forum for private messages.

And we all know the pictures are squishy and that it has been added to the things needing fixed.

Perhaps we can post to let Upwork know we are having issues with certain features.

I would like to know how to report the job that is spam without posting a link here in the forum.

Community Leader
Igor S Member Since: Apr 8, 2015
2 of 39

Also another bug I report is that I don't receive any kind of notification for new messages arrived to my inbox.. Now I must check manually every 15 min for new messages

Also as Suzanne said notifications in my portal keep showing an orange notification all the time..

Community Guru
David G Member Since: Oct 6, 2011
3 of 39

This isn't a bug with the new design since it was there with oDesk but I hope they will fix it.

There are two problems with the job feed.

1) Quite often when I hit the "load more jobs" button on the job feed, it shows me jobs from the very top of the queue instead of the next jobs. This means I have to scroll though pages of jobs I've already looked at in order to see new jobs.

2) I can't limit my saved job searches by category. This one is very irritating. I am interested in editing jobs but only those found in the writing category. Unfortunately, when I am asked if I want to save my job search in the job feed, I can't limit the category so I have to wade through a lot of jobs relating to photo editing and website design that I am not suited for. It wastes my time and causes me to miss jobs that I might be interested in.

The new messaging system.

Please make sure that we still have the ability to send regular messages the way oDesk ran before. Often, I don't want to chat with my client, I just need to send them a message. You can't seem to format a chat message the way you could with an email message. (i.e. everytime I hit "Enter" to put some space between my paragraphs, the chat message gets posted.

It took a bit but I finally noticed that I can go back to the old method of sending messages and I hope that we will continue to be able to do this.

Community Leader
Igor S Member Since: Apr 8, 2015
4 of 39

Yes, some people had problem with message notification but it was working perfect for me until Upwork new messaging system.

I also switch to old layout because I found new one limited if you have more then one job in progress, old layout give me better overview of what need to be done and what is finished.

I do hope that they will leave old layout aswell

Community Guru
Suzanne N Member Since: Aug 15, 2012
5 of 39

@Igor S wrote:

Yes, some people had problem with message notification but it was working perfect for me until Upwork new messaging system.

I also switch to old layout because I found new one limited if you have more then one job in progress, old layout give me better overview of what need to be done and what is finished.

I do hope that they will leave old layout aswell

I did not have problems with message notification previously, but I sure do now.

On the new message system I have not seen it yet as they have not finished rolling it out to everyone but it is nice to hear we can still see the old layout. 

Ace Contributor
Bogdan P Member Since: May 6, 2015
6 of 39

Hello,

One more bug is:

- view o a job details;

- apply or not to that job;

- go back to your "Find work" page;

- notice that the last job that you had view isn't marked like view with a different font color like it was on the old platform.

Second bug:

- notice that you had an unread message;

- go to message page:

- notice that there isn't any unread message.

A good day!

It's all about walking that extra mile when everyone else has abandoned the race.
Community Guru
Jean S Member Since: Oct 22, 2007
7 of 39

I was so excited yesterday. Today I could cry.  Tried hiring a freelancer this morning and it was an absolute nightmare and finally gave up. 

How with 300 developers could this mess happen?

Community Guru
Ronald T Member Since: Sep 14, 2009
8 of 39

Hi Jean! Only 300 developers? It's like an ant farm. Kudos!

Community Guru
John K Member Since: Feb 17, 2015
9 of 39

This is a minor issue, but the Upwork logo when you're in Upwork Community links to the Community site--to be consistent it should link to the main Upwork site, so that when you click it goes to upwork.com instead of community.upwork.com

10 of 39

A much bigger concern for me is the Mac OS Upwork app (time tracker). How can I tell if I have the latest version? If there's a version number somewhere, I don't see it, and I do not want to download a 26MB file to check if it's been updated. I had to add some time manually yesterday, because it did not work consistently.

Besides a version number, how about providing a change log for the app? The current download page, https://www.upwork.com/downloads, is uninformative.