cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bugs with new design

Community Guru
Jess C Member Since: Feb 18, 2015
11 of 39

If I could give you a thousand "kudos" I would! The downloads page is useless. When the oDesk Team App stopped working on "transition day" I downloaded the new one, which did not work at ALL. Two days of lost work time until I could get the old one again, and I'm still using it.

Does anyone know if the new Team App available on the downloads page now works at all? Bugs? Reliability? New features? Anything? Once bitten, twice shy!!

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
12 of 39

Hi John,

We are aware of the issue you are referring to. We are working to make sure once you click on Upwork logo in the left upper corner in the Community, it will take you to the main site.

As for the Team App, for now we ask you to use the existing version that you can download from the link you provided in your post. Once the new App is ready to be used, we will notify the Community.

Thank you!

~ Valeria
Untitled
Community Guru
Ronald T Member Since: Sep 14, 2009
13 of 39

Hi Suzanne!

I rarely use the Private Messaging system in the Community. When I tried it today, I could not type in the send to field or the subject field. The editor still works.

Is it just me or is it another bug?

ADDED May 17, 2015: Yep, it's bugs alright. In addition to the non-editable fields mentioned above, the buttons are grayed out. However, although grayed out, the send button does work. You just don't see any evidence of it working  in the UI.

Community Guru
Suzanne N Member Since: Aug 15, 2012
14 of 39

I just sent a pm so not sure if it was a momentary thing as it is working for me.

The only thing not working with it is the notification that I have received a message.

The one in my profile gives me a constant notice that I have a message when I don't and the forum doesn't notify me at all that I have a message. lol

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
15 of 39

Hi Suzanne,

We escalated it yesterday and the notification for new private messages should be added to the Community interface soon.

Out engineers are also working on fixing the issue with new message notifications on Upwork.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Community Guru
Natasha R Member Since: Aug 2, 2010
16 of 39

I rarely use the Private Messaging system in the Community. When I tried it today, I could not type in the send to field or the subject field.

Same here.

Community Guru
Pandora H Member Since: May 11, 2010
17 of 39

@Ronald T wrote:

Hi Suzanne!

I rarely use the Private Messaging system in the Community. When I tried it today, I could not type in the send to field or the subject field. The editor still works.

Is it just me or is it another bug?

I've seen several reports of this in the forums, and it's a problem I'm having. I recorded a very short video showing the details and attached it to a support ticket in the afternoon on 5/7. No definitive word back from support regarding the problem.

I can say that BEFORE the big update, if my name was clicked via the Community area, my actual Upwork profile would load. Now if it's clicked, my Community profile loads. Which is nifty, but one has to wonder how this works for me now, but private messages via the Community don't.

Community Guru
18 of 39

Ron,

You and Jean recently added new pictures that make you look 20 years younger, so I didn't even know who was replying till I looked at your signature lol.. Is it a trend? 

Community Manager
Lena E Community Manager Member Since: Apr 7, 2015
19 of 39

Suzanne,

That is one of our new features in the Community, the profile pictures will now magically make you look 20 years younger. 

Just Kidding Smiley Happy

-Lena

Untitled
Community Guru
20 of 39

@Lena E wrote:

Suzanne,

That is one of our new features in the Community, the profile pictures will now magically make you look 20 years younger. 

Just Kidding Smiley Happy

-Lena

Ha Ha Lena,

How come I don't look 20 years younger then ?

Wishful thinking ... 

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS