🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Business Bank Account To Use for Receivin...
Page options
8d408c52
Community Member

Business Bank Account To Use for Receiving Payments

Hi Team

I've my Limited company where all my billings and payments are processed via business bank account. I also want to use this business bank account to get paid on upwork.com.

Could you please confirm what the steps will be to do the same?

Please also confirm what I should write in the below three places in this scenario.

1) Tax Information Section: Legal Name of Taxpayer - Would it be my full name or business account company name?
2) Contact Info Section: Account Name - Currently, I've entered my full name here.
3) Get Paid: Shall I Add a Method for my business bank account here and give the account's name as the business bank account name?

I assume that once implemented, clients will only be able to see my name for my profile and not my business account name when reaching out etc.

Regards

Rohit

3 REPLIES 3
LuiggiR

Hi Rohit,

If you are withdrawing directly to a bank account, the beneficiary name on your bank account must match your verified name on Upwork. You can check this help article to learn more about the options you have to withdraw your earnings.

Regarding the other three pieces of information you are asking about:

1. The name field under the Tax Information section for your Form W-8BEN should be your full legal name.
  2. You did right in adding your full name under the Contact Info section.
  3. The "Get Paid" button is used to request a withdrawal to the payment method of your choice once it's added.

Lastly, since you're fairly new to Upwork, I'd recommend that you take a look at the following Upwork Academy courses so you can get familiar with how the platform works:

~ Luiggi
Upwork
8d408c52
Community Member

Thanks Luiggi for your response.

I've read the posts and help article but still not sure what changes at what place should I do exactly so that I can start using the Business Bank account to receive payments. Could you please tell me exacty which section I need to update using business account company name or which one with my name

Let me know if for Form W-8BEN section, I need to enter my name as Rohit Kumar or my business account company name?

Regards

Rohit

Hi Rohit,

Thank you for following up. I checked and it seems that you already created a support ticket regarding your concern. It looks like one of our agents already shared additional information with you on your ticket. You can access your ticket on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members