🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Business etiquette question- Client sent emai...
Page options
aaya_t
Community Member

Business etiquette question- Client sent email and text. Should I reply to both?

Hi everyone!

I've been on Upwork for a few months and gotten a couple of projects, but this is my first time posting in the forums. I have a small question regarding business etiquette.

So I'm in communication with a potential client who seems to prefer using text and email; I'm guessing for convenience and/or privacy. It's a translation project, and he sent me the document by email, then sent a text saying something along the lines of "I've just emailed you the document for an estimate and await your confirmation asap." I replied to the email with my estimate, some questions, etc, but I'm wondering if I should also confirm I've received the email and replied by replying to his text message. It feels kind of awkward to do so since the text probably would not add any information, but what if he doesn't check his email often and is waiting to see a text? What would be the proper business etiquette in this case?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
mystudiomke
Community Member

Just replying to his email should be fine. 

If you do end up working with this potential client and keep most of your communication via personal email, I would recommend to also keep records of that in your Upwork messages. Especially when you're submitting for work + payment. A simple "I will also be submitting this via Upwork messages for the record"

Lila

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
mystudiomke
Community Member

Just replying to his email should be fine. 

If you do end up working with this potential client and keep most of your communication via personal email, I would recommend to also keep records of that in your Upwork messages. Especially when you're submitting for work + payment. A simple "I will also be submitting this via Upwork messages for the record"

Lila

Thank you very much! I'll keep that in mind. 😃

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths