🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Buy Connects Via Mpesa
Page options
chepkorir-edith
Community Member

Buy Connects Via Mpesa

Hi,

Mpesa is one of our pay methods in Kenya. Can one buy connects via Mpesa?

Thanks,

Edith

19 REPLIES 19
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Edith,

This will depend on your location, but all freelancers can purchase connects with a prepaid card or a credit card. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

i dont have a credit card but paypal account available

Hi 

If you want to buy connects through Paypal and they request for a promo.what is supposed to be used there?

Hi Kelvin,

Promo codes are received by Upwork via email, at events, and through partnerships. However, we don't have any discount codes or promos available at the moment. To ensure you get the marketing emails, please submit this form and we’ll add you to the list! You can always unsubscribe at any time. Please note that for now, you can leave the field blank and continue with the Connects purchase.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi Aleksandar D.

I would like to be briefed on up work connects. Iam doing it for the first time. How do I know how much I required to pay and how should I pay please.

I come from Kenya and we use M pesa. Please brief me

Hi Anne,

Upwork currently offers M-Pesa as a payment method for freelancers in Kenya. Unfortunately, M-Pesa is not available as a billing method. No worries! Freelancers can purchase connects with a prepaid card or a credit card. Connects cost $0.15 (USD) each and are sold in bundles of 10, 20, 40, 60, and 80.

~ Arjay
Upwork

How please

Hi,

Should i take that to mean that a Kenyan can buy connects using MPESA?

Hi Jeff, 

The only billing methods that freelancers can use in their Upwork account are credit/debit cards, Paypal, and their Upwork balance. Please know that the availability of a billing method varies depending on a user's location. If you want to check which methods are available to you, you can go to your Billing methods page in your Settings page (Settings > Billing methods).

~ Avery
Upwork

can one buy connects via paypal?

Hi Duke,

Yes, you can purchase Connects, however, you will need to have a verified PayPal account. To learn more about our accepted billing methods, check out this Help Article. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hello,
I tried to buy connects via PayPal, it was unsuccessful, the system still
asks the credit card's number and expiry date, how can this be avoided?
Thanks,
Duke Nyangena.

Hi Duke,

This process can't be avoided and you will need to connect a credit card to your wallet so that you can use it to purchase Connects. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
abbymatei
Community Member

Can i buy connects using M-pesa

Hi Viola,

I'm afraid it isn't possible to use M-Pesa as a billing method. Feel free to check out this help article for more information on your available options.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
387cc968
Community Member

Apart from buying connects, does upwork provide free connects say like monthly?

Hi John,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Indeed, each month, freelancers receive free Connects to help reach out to more clients. You can read more about Connects in this article.

~ AJ
Upwork
6fceb7f7
Community Member

Hello,how can i kindly buy connects.Am from Kenya

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths