🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Buy More Connects at Once
Page options
aaronvanzoeren
Community Member

Buy More Connects at Once

I'm not sure if anyone else has had this challenge or not, but this is probably more of a feature request than anythign else. With the new connects system, I'm burning through connects much more quickly than before. We're an agency as well, so that's multiplied for each person we have on our sales team as well (doesn't help we're in a major push for new clients at the moment either). I understand the connect pricing is supposed to be more dynamic now, but what I'm currently running into is a constant need to purchase additional connects. 

Is there a way we can purchase more connects at a time and will that create issues with the 160 connect limit on the account? I max out at 80 connects per purchase, and that's less than one day of sending out proposals to qualified job posts. It's become a frequent interruption to my work, so it'd be really great if there was a way to improve the situation. 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Aaron, 

It doesn't look like this is available as of now, but I'll make sure to pass along your suggestion to the team for their consideration. 

~ Avery
Upwork

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
pudingstudio
Community Member

Aaron V wrote:

I'm not sure if anyone else has had this challenge or not, but this is probably more of a feature request than anythign else. With the new connects system, I'm burning through connects much more quickly than before. We're an agency as well, so that's multiplied for each person we have on our sales team as well (doesn't help we're in a major push for new clients at the moment either). I understand the connect pricing is supposed to be more dynamic now, but what I'm currently running into is a constant need to purchase additional connects. 

Is there a way we can purchase more connects at a time and will that create issues with the 160 connect limit on the account? I max out at 80 connects per purchase, and that's less than one day of sending out proposals to qualified job posts. It's become a frequent interruption to my work, so it'd be really great if there was a way to improve the situation. 

Don't have any usable aswer for you, but am interested:

It is different for you than before?
Using 80+ connects per day, you must have been purchasing a lot even before the changes?

What is divergent now, for you?

It is quite a bit different now, actually. We have increased our sales activity over the last quarter, so that's definitely a contributing factor that wasn't there before; however, submitting a proposal has changed from being 2 connects per job to 4.9 connects per job on average (we track all of our responses).

What used to last for 40 jobs now barely covers 16 (our team's daily goal is 20). That forces us to stop and go buy proposals anywhere from 5-8 times per week. buying doesn't take long, but the frequent context shifts can add up pretty quickly. 

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Aaron, 

It doesn't look like this is available as of now, but I'll make sure to pass along your suggestion to the team for their consideration. 

~ Avery
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members