🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Buy additional connects in Basic Plan
Page options
tech_bk
Community Member

Buy additional connects in Basic Plan

Hi,

I am unable to buy connects as I do not have Credit card also if I select Paypal option, it is asking Credit card info. Why can't buying the connects be made simple instead of asking for Credit card info (through net banking, debit card etc..). This is on need basis of user they will buy connects.

I believe this Credit card Billing method is more suitable for people posting job or having different membership plan. Why can't buying connects be taken out from this process. Well going by the community queries many people are facing this issue (and all were given same response to check the alternatives). This is really causing some serious concern.

I hope to get convincing response from upwork Team ASAP.

6 REPLIES 6
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Bharath,

Please note that only a verified PayPal account can be used as a billing method. To learn more about verifying and linking your PayPal account, click here.

You'll be able to select from an alternative billing method in your account payment options.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
tech_bk
Community Member

Hi Bojan,

I believe this is more of standard reply to the problem which is faced by many user. I am sorry to say my concern is not addressed here. And my Paypal account is verified one with bank account, but choosing Billing option takes me to credit card info screen which is annoying. I hope this is addressed.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Bharath,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to check this for you and advise you accordingly.

Thank you for your patience.  

~ Bojan
Upwork
tech_bk
Community Member

Thank you!

tech_bk
Community Member

Hi,

I see that Paypal account is 'verified' , as per the link shared by your support team to validate it. But yet again when I try to add billing , it shows up Credit card info screen , when I select 'Paypal' option in Add billing. So kindly suggest what is problem here, why can't I simply purchase the Connects, without facing all these hurdles?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Bharath,

I merged your posts as it is a violation of the Upwork Community Guidelines to post the same content on different threads/boards as it considered spamming. 

A member of the team has reached out to you already and is awaiting your response in order to assist you further. You should be able to access the ticket directly here.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths