🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Buy connections and pay for subscription from...
Page options
dm-sergeev
Community Member

Buy connections and pay for subscription from card

Hello. After the Russian invasion of Ukraine, I had to move to Northern Cyprus. I have successfully verified my new residence. I also made an account with Capital Bank and Credit West. Unfortunately, I was not issued a debit card due to the bank's workload. I will be given it only within 3 months.
I would like to pay for an upwork plus subscription, but Russian bank cards do not work. I have a grandmother who lives in the USA. She gladly decided to help me so that I could use her bank card. Question: Can I connect another person's card to pay for subscriptions and connections? I realize this is a rather strange request, but in the current situation, I have no other options until I receive my card from Capital and Credit West.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi Dmitrii,

As long as the owner of the billing method has authorized you to use it, you should be able to add it to your account.

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
alexandernovikov
Community Member

Not related to the essence of your question, but it just looks so funny that you moved from one sanctioned jurisdiction to another. Why? Northern Cyprus is occupied by Turkey. It's status is contested and it is not recognized by any country but Turkey itself. You will most likely have all the same issues here as you would in Russia.

AndreaG

Hi Dmitrii,

As long as the owner of the billing method has authorized you to use it, you should be able to add it to your account.

~Andrea
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members