🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Buy connects through Paypal without credi...
Page options
pondocrhea_dean
Community Member

Buy connects through Paypal without credit card number

Hello, I want to buy connects through my Paypal but I don't have a credit card number. Can I buy connects without a credit card number through  Paypal?

133 REPLIES 133
ronlorraine
Community Member

If you don't have a credit card your only of options of loading your paypal is to have a friend that has a paypal account send you money or you can link your bank account. If you have not linked your bank account yet then you need to enter your account details into paypal. Then they will send your bank two small deposits into your bank account which takes a couple of days. When you get these two deposits go back into paypal and enter these two deposits. After you do this your bank account is now verified with paypal. Now you can go in and transfer money from your bank to paypal. The timeline for the funds to go from your bank to paypal noramally takes from 4-6 days.

zepar
Community Member

The best option to (sadly) buy Connects is using your UpWork balance, since the system will automatically discount the amount charged.
If you still wanna use PayPal without a CC, you will need a verified account with positive balance.

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Rhea,

This can vary based on your location, but all Upwork users will be able to purchase Connects with a credit card or prepaid card. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I have Amount in my Paypal account but i dont have any credit card or debit card ??
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Shahbaz, 

Are you referring to purchasing connects? If you aren’t able to use a credit card or prepaid card or you don’t have an Upwork balance, in many cases you’ll be able to use PayPal. To see the options available to you, click here.

~ Avery
Upwork
agabatin
Community Member

still asking credit card number 😞

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Ana Marie, 

The team will reach out to you to assist you with your concern. 

ETA: Hi Ana Marie, I'm coming back here to check if you are unable to select Paypal as a billing method when trying to add it to be able to purchase connects? The option should be at the bottom, just after the credit card option. Let us know so that we can further assist you.

~ Avery
Upwork

Same problem. Please help.

Clarinda

Hi Clarinda, 

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi! I also would want to purchase connects but I don't want to add a credit/debit card to my Paypal account. Can you please help?

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi April, 

In order to check which Billing Methods are available to you, please go to your Settings page, and click on the Billing Method link. The Billing Methods are dependent on which are available to you based on your location. In this case, if you the only options are either Paypal, and/or, a debit/credit card, you will need to upload these information on your Upwork account. Once uploaded, you should be able to purchase connects with your Upwork balance. 

~ Avery
Upwork

hello can you help me buy connects I only have paypal. I dont have CC, and everytime I choose paypal for payment still asking for cc info. please help

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Irene,

Please note that only verified PayPal accounts can be used for connects purchasing. Please check the options available to you and learn more about acceptable billing methods for paying memberships.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
4cc2f757
Community Member

Hi Bojan I'm having the same trouble. My acount is verified but I can't purchase connects. It asks me for a credit card. Thanks you for your attention.

Hi Lebis,

To purchase Connects, you will need to add a billing method. Connects are not sold individually, but bundles begin at $1.50 for 10 Connects. Regardless of which bundle you choose, all Connects are priced at $0.15 apiece. Here are your bundle options:

10 for $1.50

20 for $3

40 for $6

60 for $9

80 for $12

This can vary based on your location, but all Upwork users will be able to purchase Connects with a credit card or prepaid card. If you aren’t able to use a credit card or prepaid card or you don’t have an Upwork balance, in many cases you’ll be able to use PayPal. To see the options available to you, click here.

~ Joanne
Upwork
4cc2f757
Community Member

Greetings

Thanks for taking time to answer. I try using my PayPal as a payment method
but when I do. It says that I need to add a credit card number. How can I
pay with my Paypal account without adding a credit card number or is there
any other payment method I can use?

Hi Lebis,

In order to use Paypal as a billing method on Upwork, your Paypal account must have a linked credit or debit card. Feel free to check out the options available to you and learn more about acceptable billing methods.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hello

And yes, my Paypal account is linked to a debit card. However, when I try
to use paypal as a payment method. It asks me for a credit card number.

Hi Lebis,

Does it by any chance look like this? If that's the case, keep in mind that you need to choose the Paypal option right below in order for you to add your Paypal account.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

Hi there,

Same problem unable to buy connects using paypal instead of credit card, please look into.

Appreciated a swift responce in this regard.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Muhammad,

Could you please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if you`re still experiencing the same issue? Please use this link to see the options available to you and add one of those. 

Let us know if the issue persists.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
feldspar
Community Member

Still unable to checkout with paypal as at the end it prompts for the
credit card details which i dont have.

Appreciated your swift response.
[image: image.png]
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Muhammad,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with this concern. 

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
46747bab
Community Member

Hello,
I want to buy credit and my paypal has an amount, but I dont want to link my creditcard to my paypal. Can you pls help me?

Hi Cherry,

Please note that only verified PayPal accounts can be used for connects purchasing. Please check the options available to you and learn more about acceptable billing methods for paying memberships.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

I cannot add connects too. Each time I link to PayPal, I'm prompted to enter credit card number!

Thank you for reaching out to us, Lawrence.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you with setting up your billing method.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi, I have the same problem. I am now low on connects and wanted to purchase through Paypal but still, it asks for a credit card number after I choose the option of paying through Paypal.

Hi Christine,

Please note that only verified PayPal accounts can be used to purchase Connects. Please check the options available to you and learn more about acceptable billing methods.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Same problem. have enough balance on paypal, but I can't buy connect without any credit card or debit card, however the other freelancer that I have known, they can purchase via paypal without linking their debit or credit card. 

Please help

Hi Clint Vincent,

In order to use Paypal as a billing method on Upwork, your Paypal account must have a linked credit or debit card for recurring payments (for example, for membership fees). For cases like this, a funding source is required to add Paypal as a billing method. Please check the options available to you and learn more about acceptable billing methods.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Same problem, paypal asks for my credit card. I do have enough balance but there is no option to use my paypal balance.

Hi Rosa Lorena,

In order to use Paypal as a billing method on Upwork, your Paypal account must have a linked credit or debit card for recurring payments (for example, for membership fees). For cases like this, a funding source is required to add Paypal as a billing method.

In the meantime, feel free to check the options available to you and learn more about acceptable billing methods.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

I have the same problem. I can't buy connects but I do have paypal account but no credit card. Hoping you can help me too. 

Hi Sunshine,

For you to be able to buy Connects using your Paypal account, it must have a linked credit or debit card for recurring payments. You'll need to have a funding source in order to add your Paypal account as a billing method. Feel free to check this help article regarding our acceptable billing methods.

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

Hi, I can't use my paypal balnce to buy connects. It always asks for credit or debit card details

Hi Jeffrey,

Please note that a verified PayPal account can be used as a billing method. To learn more about verifying and linking your PayPal account, click here.

To learn more about acceptable billing methods for paying memberships please read this help article.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
a84c4052
Community Member

Hi, I have the same problem, I have verified paypal with enough balance, but still kept on asking for credit card. please advise, thanks

Hi Ydnar,

Does your PayPal account have a funding source? You'll need to add one to use PayPal as your billing method. I've pulled this article from PayPal for more information on how to do that if you haven't already done so. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths