🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Buy connects through Paypal without credi...
Page options
pondocrhea_dean
Community Member

Buy connects through Paypal without credit card number

Hello, I want to buy connects through my Paypal but I don't have a credit card number. Can I buy connects without a credit card number through  Paypal?

133 REPLIES 133

Same probem please help, my PayPal does have enough balance but it just still ask for card, I really need to purchase the premium membership and connects.

Hi Shail,

In order to be able to upgrade your membership plan or purchase Connects you will need to have a Billing method connected to your account. If you would like to upgrade your plan via PayPal, you will need to have a verified PayPal account with a credit or a debit card connected to your PayPal account. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hello, I have the same issue as most of the people on the thread. I want to use my PayPal Balance as the primary billing method. I cannot link a credit card because I do not have one. But I do have money in my PayPal Balance. My PayPal account is verified with my bank account and it is a business account. I also have set my PayPal Balance as my primary payment method in PayPal. Is there any other way for me to solve this issue? I just want to buy more connects.

Hi Alexandra,

If you don't have a verified PayPal account, please check out these options and learn more about acceptable billing methods for purchasing Connects.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
wiryadis
Community Member

Hi Avery, I have the same problem, I do have positive balance in paypal and wish to purchase connects with that. I don't have credit card and upwork balance. can anybody help?

Hi Wiryadi,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with purchasing connects. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Goran,

Thank you for your help. I apreciate it. 

Hi guys

I'm having an issue paying for connects. I choose the 'pay with paypal' option but then repeatedly asked for my cc number. Seems like the website ignoring my selection. Please advise

Hi Slava,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with purchasing connects. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

how to buy connects.

Hi Albert,

This will depend on your location but all freelancers can purchase connects with a prepaid card or a credit card. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I have a verified paypal account but I don't have CC. how can I buy connects? It keeps on redirecting me to add a CC

Hi Alvin,

Our team will reach out to you as well and assist you further with purchasing connects. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Goran

Can I also get someone to reach out and assist me to buy connects directly from PayPal. I do have a linked credit card to PayPal but have cash in the PayPal account

Hi David,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with setting up your billing method and purchasing connects.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

I have same problem. I have verified paypal account and want to use my paypal balance to purchase connects. But keep asking for card details. I dont have one. Help please. Badly needed to purchase connects. Thanks

Hi Vanessa,

Freelancers with a verified PayPal account can use PayPal as their billing method. To learn more about verifying and linking your PayPal account, go here. Note: A credit card needs to be added as a backup billing method if you plan to use PayPal to purchase Connects or pay for a membership plan.

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hi! I have the same issue, It ask me for a credit card number!

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Jose, 

If this is the case, then it could mean that the only billing method available in your location is a debit/credit card. Only billing methods that are available in your location will show up as an option when you try to add a billing method to purchase Connects. 

~ Avery
Upwork

Hi Avery,

The problem is, even if you chose to pay thru Paypal, the billing method would is still asking for a debit/credit card details which we don't have and exactly why we were opting to payout using Paypal.

I hope you could help us with this matter. I'm pretty sure you can.

Attached is the actual screenshot the Paypal checkout screen.

Thanks in advance.

Ben

Hi Benedict,

You can add an alternative payment method to your PayPal wallet in order to add your PayPal account as a billing method on Upwork. Please add a payment method to your PayPal wallet, and once done, you can try adding your Paypal account again as a billing method on your Upwork account. Let us know if you have other questions. Thanks!

~ Joanne
Upwork
bd33174c
Community Member

Hello

I'm trying to buy connects via Paypal but Upwork is still requesting credit card details that I do not have since I have loaded the money from my Mpesa (Kenyan mobile money) account. Kindly assist.

Thank you

Hi Pauline,

Unfortunately you will not be able to use your PayPal as a billing method if you don't have a debit/credit card connected to your PayPal wallet. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
2297285c
Community Member

Goo day! is it possible to buy connect using my Paypal balance without credit card? because at the moment  i really don't have any credit or debit card.

Hi Berna,

In order to use Paypal as a billing method on Upwork, your Paypal account must have a linked credit or debit card. Please let us know if you have other questions. Thanks!

~ Joanne
Upwork
kagoveri
Community Member

i dont have a credit card, how do i buy connects with my paypal balance

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Virginia,

Please note that only a verified PayPal account can be used as a billing method. To learn more about verifying and linking your PayPal account, click here.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

It still requires credit card details. Why does it need to get card details if you are gonna pay thru PayPal?

Hi Benedict,

In order to have a verified PayPal account, you will need to connect a debit or a credit card to your PayPal wallet as well. To learn more about this check out this Help Article. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

i have verified paypal account , but when i need to buy a connect , always apear a form asking about a card number..
is it possible to buy a connect directly from my bank account via paypal as my billing metode(without card)?
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Santoso,

Please check this help article for more information about verifying and linking your PayPal account.

Also, please learn more about acceptable billing methods for paying memberships.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
anchvien
Community Member

ok

thanks for your advice

warm regards
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Santosa, 

You may need to add an alternative payment method to your PayPal wallet in order to add your PayPal account as a billing method on Upwork. Please add a payment method to your PayPal wallet, and once done, you can try adding your Paypal account again as a billing method on your Upwork account to see if the issue persists. 

~ Avery
Upwork
yhamhie
Community Member

i have the same problem i can't buy upwork connects

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Lenon,

~ Goran
Upwork

yeah but still PayPal is asking for a card number and CV.

hi Avery i was still unable to purchase connects because all the options listed still require me to have a credit card and yet i have sufficient funds in my paypal to handle the transaction.

Hi Heather,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi!

I have the same problem with the rest. I wanted to buy connects through paypal but it keeps on asking CC. Please do assist me. Need to apply coz' my profile is in private mode. 

Thank you. 

Hi! 

My payment was declined using my mastercard. Can you tell me what is wrong, is it my card? 

Regards,

Vinit.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths