cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buy connects through Paypal without credit card number

Rhea Dean P Member Since: Jun 2, 2019
1 of 12

Hello, I want to buy connects through my Paypal but I don't have a credit card number. Can I buy connects without a credit card number through  Paypal?

Ace Contributor
Ron M Member Since: Oct 25, 2016
2 of 12

If you don't have a credit card your only of options of loading your paypal is to have a friend that has a paypal account send you money or you can link your bank account. If you have not linked your bank account yet then you need to enter your account details into paypal. Then they will send your bank two small deposits into your bank account which takes a couple of days. When you get these two deposits go back into paypal and enter these two deposits. After you do this your bank account is now verified with paypal. Now you can go in and transfer money from your bank to paypal. The timeline for the funds to go from your bank to paypal noramally takes from 4-6 days.

Agustin V Member Since: Sep 26, 2017
3 of 12

The best option to (sadly) buy Connects is using your UpWork balance, since the system will automatically discount the amount charged.
If you still wanna use PayPal without a CC, you will need a verified account with positive balance.

Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
4 of 12

Hi Rhea,

This can vary based on your location, but all Upwork users will be able to purchase Connects with a credit card or prepaid card. Thank you.

Untitled
Shahbaz R Member Since: Feb 24, 2019
5 of 12
I have Amount in my Paypal account but i dont have any credit card or debit card ??
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
6 of 12

Hi Shahbaz, 

Are you referring to purchasing connects? If you aren’t able to use a credit card or prepaid card or you don’t have an Upwork balance, in many cases you’ll be able to use PayPal. To see the options available to you, click here.

-Avery
Untitled
Ana Marie G Member Since: Aug 21, 2019
7 of 12

still asking credit card number Smiley Sad

Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
8 of 12

Hi Ana Marie, 

The team will reach out to you to assist you with your concern. 

ETA: Hi Ana Marie, I'm coming back here to check if you are unable to select Paypal as a billing method when trying to add it to be able to purchase connects? The option should be at the bottom, just after the credit card option. Let us know so that we can further assist you.

-Avery
Untitled
Clarinda Y Member Since: Jun 22, 2015
9 of 12

Same problem. Please help.

Clarinda

Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
10 of 12

Hi Clarinda, 

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further, thank you.

Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS