🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Buy connects through Paypal without credit ca...
Page options
pondocrhea_dean
Community Member

Buy connects through Paypal without credit card number

Hello, I want to buy connects through my Paypal but I don't have a credit card number. Can I buy connects without a credit card number through  Paypal?

133 REPLIES 133

Hi Jonathan and Vinit,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with purchasing connects. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi, I have the same issue here, i have verified paypal account , but when i need to buy a connect , always apear a form asking about a card number. Can you please help me?

Hi Aldi,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with this concern. 

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
anchvien
Community Member

dear upwork team,

until now , i stil have the same problem, please advice what can i do to
solve this matter..

warm regards
ixandidu
Community Member

Hi Bojan,

My paypal account is already verified, but when I tried to buy connects with paypal (via "Pay with PayPal" button) it always asking me for a credit/debit card number.

Can I also get someone to reach out and assist me to buy connects directly from PayPal?

Thanks,

Ikhsan

Thank you for the clarification, Ikhsan.

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with purchasing connects. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hello can you guys help with this issue of buying connects using paypal. I want to buy connect usiung my paypal balance but it keeps asking for my CC. I'm sure upwork can handle this issue so we can avoid this inconvience of not being able to use Paypal balance directly.

I have the same problem. And adding a payment option in my Paypal account is not really beneficial. It would be prone to wrong transfers of funds from Paypal account which is not really acceptable. I hope Upwork fix this issue once and for all.
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Benard and Benedict,

In order to be able to purchase connects with PayPal you will need to have a verified PayPal account and add it as a billing method. 
To learn more about our accepted billing methods, check out this Help Article. If you need further help with purchasing connects, let me know. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
mo-jalal
Community Member

I am facing problem to buy upwork connect with paypal,I am trying to ad billing paypal but it showing to give credit card number.Please help me.

Hi Mohammad,

Thanks for reaching out. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
mo-jalal
Community Member

ok

hello Ms. Avery,I have the same problem as well where I do not have any UpWork Balance or credit/debit card.However I have some balance in the PayPal account and want to use it to buy UpWork connects.However I am unable to add my PayPal account as the billing method as UpWork only accepts credit/debit card as the billing method .Is there any other alternatives in this case 

Hi Nahiduddin, 

I checked your account and can see that Paypal is an available billing method in your location. As for the card that you added, the transaction was declined by your issuing bank. Please contact your bank directly for more information regarding your concern. 

Screen Shot 2020-05-01 at 2.57.27 PM.png

I would just like to clarify that if you do not wish to upgrade your membership plan, you should be able to purchase Connects in the following bundles: 

• 10 for $1.50
  • 20 for $3
  • 40 for $6
  • 60 for $9
  • 80 for $12

~ Avery
Upwork
wickedlnl
Community Member

I have another question. Is it possible to buy more connects using PayPal while you have balance on your Upwork profile? Id rather front my connects using cash from another source rather then digging into the balance. I know it sounds maybe strange but I feel like I would get a better idea of earnings if the actual balance was left alone but I add more connects using PP. So far Ive only seen the PP option if my balance is completely empty.

Hi Nemanja,

Yes you should be able to purchase connects with your PayPal account even if you have available earnings on Upwork.

Update: when a freelancer has available earnings on their profile by design the connects will charged from their earnings. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Goran V wrote:

Hi Nemanja,

Yes you should be able to purchase connects with your PayPal account even if you have available earnings on Upwork. Thank you.

I don't think so...

There is no option to do so.

I'm trying to buy connects through Paypal.
I have choosen to pay with Paypal but once I was redirected to paypal page, it still asking for credit card detail which I don't have.

Could somebody pls help?

Hi Rahmad,

Please note that only a verified PayPal account can be used as a billing method. To learn more about verifying and linking your PayPal account, click here.

You'll be able to select from an alternative billing method in your account payment options.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

I have a verified Paypal account but everytime I want to purchase connects or add billing method through Paypal, it keep asking for credit card once I was redirected and login to Paypal.

Is it possible to buy connects through PayPal? If yes, then, can I use a friend's PayPal account to buy connects?

Hi James,

You can use your friend's account to purchase Connects so long as you're authorized to use it. Thank you. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

I buying connection through paypal but i don't have credit card to use. Please walk me through on how I can resolve this issue. Thanks

Could you please guide/show me how I can buy connects through PayPal?

Hi Jennie,

In order to use Paypal as a billing method on Upwork, your Paypal account must have a linked credit or debit card for recurring payments. Please check out this help article for more information about billing methods that you can use to purchase Connects. Thank you. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hello Joanne,
Greetings!
The PayPal account I intend to use has got a debit card linked to it but there is no direct option of adding a PayPal account directly in the billing method. Only cards can be added.
Could you please help me with the issue?
Thank you.
Best regards,
James

Hi James,

You can only add a billing method that is showing on your end. If the option is not listed on your end, it means that the method is not available for your location. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hello Goran,
I see! Thank you for your help. Best regards, James

Hello, I'm unable to buy connects with my PayPal because I have no CC or supported debit card (I guess it's because of my location). Do I have any other way to purchase connects?

Thank you

Hi, I tried adding paypal in the Billing method so that I can buy connects. However, it redirected me to add/link a credit card to it. Presently, my paypal has funds and it is already linked to my debit card but it asked me to link another card and I can't proceed from there since I only have one debit card. Please help thanks!

Hi Anderson,

Our team reached out to you via ticket to assist you further with your billing method and your Connects. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
vcent31
Community Member

Hi Avery 

There are no options to add paypal just card please i need to add paypal

Hi Vincent,

Please note that the Billing Methods available to you are dependent based on your location. In this case, if the only option is debit/credit card, you will need to upload that instead. Once uploaded, you should be able to purchase connects with your Upwork balance as well. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork
vcent31
Community Member

Thank you for your reply Mr Luiggi, Yes i did add my debit card and i used it for throughout last year to purchase connects but this year it gives me a propmpt message displaying

''We are unable to authorize your card. Please add another billing method or contact your issuing bank.'' 

vcent31
Community Member

Hello please I need help from Upwork support I keep getting this message

We are unable to authorize your card. Please add another billing method or contact your issuing bank.

And nothing is wrong with my debit card I have been using it since last year on upwork to buy connect. Please reply

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Vincent,

We’ll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with this issue.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
vcent31
Community Member

Thank you Mr Bojan i will be waiting on your agent to assist me with my current issue

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Vincent, 

I highly recommend checking this with your bank because they rejected the transaction. You can add a different billing method in the meantime. 

~ Avery
Upwork

I cannot add connects too. Each time I link to PayPal, I'm prompted to enter credit card number,I don't have a cc.kimdly assist. 

Hi Victoria,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I would like to clarify that, in order to add a PayPal Account:

• Your PayPal account must be verified, active, and in good standing
  • You must have an active Billing Agreement with Upwork — this billing agreement is signed as part of the add PayPal flow on Upwork
  • Your PayPal account must not be a student account
  • Your PayPal account must be set up with a primary and back-up payment method

You can find more information in this help article

~ Nikola
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths