🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Buy connects through Paypal without credit ca...
Page options
pondocrhea_dean
Community Member

Buy connects through Paypal without credit card number

Hello, I want to buy connects through my Paypal but I don't have a credit card number. Can I buy connects without a credit card number through  Paypal?

133 REPLIES 133

hi Goran 

please i want to purchase connect on upwork using my paypal how can i do it. 

This year my country(Nigeria) is not allowing my debit card to make payment with dollars online, it use to last year but now this year it is no more i know alot of nigerian upwork feelancers will be having this issues too.

duncankinyua
Community Member

Hi Duncan,

Could you please share with us your question or concern so that we can assist you accordingly or have the correct support team assist you?

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
rajat-k
Community Member

Hello, Can i use paypal on upwork to pay freelancers but without linking a debit/credit card

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Rajat,

Unfortunately no, you will need to have a card connected to your PayPal wallet in order to be able to add it as a billing method. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Can I add a rupay debit card, because paypal recently start to take rupay cards OR i have to add only a credit card as prompted on upwork webpage when I choose paypal option for paying.

Can i use funding sources instead of adding  a card?

please HELP

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Rajat,

Please keep in mind that in order to be able to add a PayPal account as a billing method you will need to have a verified PayPal account and a card to be connected to your wallet. 
To view our other options and how to add a billing method, check out this Help Article. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
jindo_vu
Community Member

Hi There!

My credit card already link to wallet via paypal but when I buy connect it's still display popup need to enter debit/credit card, eveyone can help me out, Thanks

Hi Jindo,

Thank you for your message. Please contact Paypal support to check your wallet status. 

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
846a5b2a
Community Member

am lacking one connect to apply to a bid i have a strong i can win:well i have 11 connects and the post needs 12 connects.and the only means of payment i can use is paypal.So how do i go about it?

Hi Edwin,

To purchase Connects, go to Settings > Membership & Connects and click on the green 'Add More Connects' button. From there, select the amount to buy and click on the 'Buy Connects' button. Please note, that if you have sufficient funds on your Upwork balance, the charge will be applied to your Upwork balance. If not, the full amount will be charged to your primary billing method. You can check out this help article for more information. You can use one of the 3 options: 1. Credit Card, 2. PayPal, 3. Upwork Balance to buy Connects and Memberships. 
~ Joanne
Upwork
d8967e36
Community Member

Why are the dates on this page is out dated? 

72ec18be
Community Member

No

vanessa4christ
Community Member

Same problem I have verified paypal account and want to use may paypal balance to purchase more connects, but keep asking for cc details.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths