🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Buyer asked for my email
Page options
arifhossain8050
Community Member

Buyer asked for my email

Today one of my buyer asked me for my email...

i send my mail 

is their any problem if i send my client my email if they want..

please let me know 

Best Rgards

Arif

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thanks for the help sir 

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
prestonhunter
Community Member

That's fine.

There is no rule against this.

If you don't want to share your prime/personal email, you can provide the client with a throw-away or temporary or project-specific email address.

Thanks for the help sir 

Md Arif H wrote:

Thanks for the help sir 

Md Arif, I think that you marked the wrong one as the solution...

As a SEO Consultant, I have to give my email to the client so that he can give me access to his website.

i want to know if i give email to my client in PMB then is it ok?

and can i get client's email as i also need it to make his google analytics account,

some people say that we should use #meil instead of email as upwork can ban us,

plz  can anyone clear my confusions?

Hi Zain,

You are allowed to communicate with the client using other methods of communication (e.g. Skype, personal email) if this is required for you to complete the job. You just need to make sure that all payments should go through Upwork. Please let us know if you need further clarification. Thanks!

~ Joanne
Upwork
pprothim0
Community Member

No there is no problem with sharing your Email but be aware of if the client asked worked out of upwork. 

wlyonsatl
Community Member

Until Upwork discloses exactly what is being done to files it "sanitizes," there will be more clients and freelancers communicating through email rather than the Upwork system.

So far, one client has told me a file I sent to her that was "sanitized" was missing some key information. So that client and I will now send files to one another attached to emails rather than through Upwork messaging.

Thanks, Upwork. I love having to use multiple channels to communicate with clients.

Will L wrote:

Until Upwork discloses exactly what is being done to files it "sanitizes," there will be more clients and freelancers communicating through email rather than the Upwork system.

So far, one client has told me a file I sent to her that was "sanitized" was missing some key information. So that client and I will now send files to one another attached to emails rather than through Upwork messaging.

Since this latest update clients and freelancers are always told when something has been done to the files (which was not the case before, and that caused those "surprise-surprise, what you got is not what I sent" effects) AND there is a function to download the original, not tampered with version right there on the page.

download original file.jpg

I do think the "download original file" function should be made more clear.

I am impressed with the thoughtful effort put into making real improvements regarding how files are transferred, downloaded, handled, etc.

But these much-needed improvements are so recently implemented. No matter what Upwork has done, I think that there are Upwork users will remain wary of Upwork's handling of files.

Personally, I am going to try to make a conscious effort to not say that Upwork changes files - while answering questions in the Community Forum. But I doubt that I would ever personally use Upwork to provide source code or executable files to clients.

Preston H wrote:

Personally, I am going to try to make a conscious effort to not say that Upwork changes files -

You are "going to try to make a conscious effort" not to say something that is true.

If it wasn't you I'd say that's an incredibly weird thing to say.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members