🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Buying Connects Deletes Your Proposal and Ans...
Page options
emorym
Community Member

Buying Connects Deletes Your Proposal and Answers? Gah!

I'd spent a lot of time writing a proposal, I clicked Submit and it told me to buy connects - I did - it then took me back to the page... and everything I'd written was gone.  Back button useless, fields are empty.  I'd spent a lot of time writing that proposal and answering those questions, it's kind of unbelievable that this is how the site works.  Anyway make sure you buy connects before you write your proposal because otherwise... they'll get ya.

I can't redo it, it took too long to write.  I had it just right

I hope Upwork is happy with that $1.50 because they aren't getting 20% of my hourly rate on that job Smiley Mad

2 REPLIES 2
pudingstudio
Community Member

Charles M wrote:

I'd spent a lot of time writing a proposal, I clicked Submit and it told me to buy connects - I did - it then took me back to the page... and everything I'd written was gone.  Back button useless, fields are empty.  I'd spent a lot of time writing that proposal and answering those questions, it's kind of unbelievable that this is how the site works.  Anyway make sure you buy connects before you write your proposal because otherwise... they'll get ya.

I can't redo it, it took too long to write.  I had it just right

I hope Upwork is happy with that $1.50 because they aren't getting 20% of my hourly rate on that job Smiley Mad

That does hurt.

All kind of things can/will go wrong while typing your proposal.

Don't do it in the 'Cover Letter' field, but type it out somewhere else (I use Notepad) and when done - copy/paste it.

michael_skaggs
Community Member

It's not that it deleted your proposal, but that anything you wrote was in your local form cache, and since there's no draft functionality, it was never submitted. So as far as the browser is concerned, there wasn't anything to save. It sucks, and I've been there before, but it wasn't actively trying to delete your proposal.

Like Antun said, the best method is to always write everything out in Word/Writer/Notepad/N++/gedit/emacs/vi/nano or whatever you prefer then copy/paste into the form fields.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members