🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Buying connects via paypal
Page options
wesley-nyandika
Community Member

Buying connects via paypal

Hi, i want to add connects to my account and i want to pay via paypal but its asking me to add a card. i don't want to add a card but pay directly as i have cash in my paypal account. Is there a way this can happen?Thank you in advance.

8 REPLIES 8
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Wesley,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with purchasing connects. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I also want buy more connects via paypal, it still requests a card which has a problem from the bank. How can I be assisted?

Hi Onkwani,

In order to use Paypal as a billing method on Upwork, your Paypal account must have a linked credit or debit card for recurring payments (for example, for membership fees). For cases like this, a funding source is required to add Paypal as a billing method.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Could someone help me? Every time I press on “buy connects” it takes money automatically from my UpWork account. I really don’t want this. I want to be able to use PayPal, but I never get any options. It literally just deducts the money the moment I press “buy connects”. Also, there’s no option on the phone via the app to purchase connects. Why?

Hi Leanor,

There's currently no way to choose what gets charged when buying Connects, so long as you have balance available in your account, that's charged first by default. On the other hand, buying Connects via the app may not be available, but you can do it via the mobile version of the site while browsing on your phone or via desktop. We do appreciate your feedback and I'll make sure to share it with the team.

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

Please i have same issue like mr. Wesly, so i want to pay via my paypal but i can't connect my account paypay with upwork. I have to fill the bank account but when i fill it my bank account was rejected, i see an other member which is from Indonesia can not use their bank account that why i decided to use my paypal account. Can you help me to fix it, because i want to buy any connect in my upwork account. Thank you 

billionairejoh
Community Member

Hello, I need help to buy connects with my Paypal. And yes, my PayPal is connected to a card and a bank but Upwork keeps giving me the option of adding a card only. 

Hi Joshua,

Thank you for your message. I checked and it looks like Paypal is not supported as billing method for your location. You can check the available billing methods for your location here.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members