🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Buying connects with paypal.
Page options
cbd117
Community Member

Buying connects with paypal.

So, from what I understand after browsing through the queries. Is that there is simply no way to buy connects without any credit card info even if we wish to use only a paypal as payment method. 

13 REPLIES 13
JoanneP

Hi Christine,

If you aren’t able to use a credit card or prepaid card or you don’t have an Upwork balance, in many cases you’ll be able to use PayPal. To see the options available to you, click here. Thanks.

~ Joanne
Upwork

Are you talking about buying content with paypal?

Howmuch cost did you pay for that content?

Hi Elizabeth,

Could you please send us more information about your request so that we can assist you? Christine's question was about buying connects that are used to submit proposals. If that was your question, connects are sold in the following bundles:

• 10 for $1.50
  • 20 for $3
  • 40 for $6
  • 60 for $9
  • 80 for $12

For more information about connects, please check out this help article.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Aleksandar D wrote:

Hi Elizabeth,

Could you please send us more information about your request so that we can assist you? Christine's question was about buying connects that are used to submit proposals. If that was your question, connects are sold in the following bundles:

• 10 for $1.50
  • 20 for $3
  • 40 for $6
  • 60 for $9
  • 80 for $12

For more information about connects, please check out this help article.

Thank you.

For the life of my I cannot understand what this response has to do with the original question or what value it brings to this conversation.

hi.. i want to buy a connect with my paypal account. but the link direct me for filling up a credit card data for paypal. I don't have credit card, but i have an active paypal account. what should i do...

Thank you, best regards.
joko

Hi Joko,

Thanks for reaching out to us. Please note that before you can add PayPal as a billing method, it must be verified or you need to link it to a debit or credit card. Kindly reach out to PayPal directly to ask for assistance on how to verify your PayPal account.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hello.

I tried to use Paypal to pay for connects and they always ask for a credit card.

How can  I purchase connects with Paypal.

Thank's

Hi Horacio, 

The accepted billing methods to purchase connects on Upwork are listed here. Please know that these billing methods are based on location, and may not be available to everyone. 

In this case, if the option to add Paypal is not showing as an option in your billing methods, this means that Paypal is not an available billing method in your location. 

~ Avery
Upwork

So apparently there is no way to buy connects with Paypal balance (without card). Which beats the purpose of having PayPal as an option if they'll still gotta ask for the card anyway.. As in: smileyfrustrated:

Hi Emily,

Only a verified PayPal account can be added as a billing method. To learn more about verifying and linking your PayPal account, click here.

Please check the options available to you and learn more about acceptable billing methods for paying memberships.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

My Paypal is verified, been using it for years. My card expired two weeks
ago and with this Corona thing, renewing it has been a task. But I cannot
buy connects with my PayPal balance unless I get the renewed card... So
what's the point of the PayPal if I cant use the balance unless I have a
card (whose details I can just input in the card option instead of PayPal
option anyway)..

Why can't I use the PayPal balance?

Hi Emily,

Please, try adding an alternative billing method

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork

But there are only 2 options; card and Paypal(which is also card)

So now we are back to square one.. 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members