cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

By mistake I have done Enabled feedback

Highlighted
Waqas A Member Since: Aug 14, 2018
1 of 4

My client give me feedback. but by mistake I have done Enabled feedback. Can it appear on my profile

Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
BEST ANSWER
2 of 4

Hi Waqas, 

The request to change the feedback will not show on your profile. If your client doesn't respond to the request, and doesn't update or change his/her feedback to you within 14-days, the old feedback stays. 

-Avery
Untitled
Ace Contributor
Soumya N Member Since: Jun 22, 2015
3 of 4

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
4 of 4

Soumya N wrote:

During pre-Upwork or rather oDesk times, I do remember the FAQs stating that clients can either increase it or it stays the same. This is the first time I'm hearing it can be lowered too. oDesk always retained the highest score of the lot.

No, even in oDesk times, clients could (and did) change feedback down and oDesk did not "keep the higher score."

Personally, the only reason I can possibly think of to use that button would be if a client had clearly left feedback for the wrong freelancer.

Other than that, I find the whole thing (freelancers badgering clients to change feedback) distasteful and unprofessional and am not surprised that clients are tempted to lower the score rather than upping it

Obviously, when you enable a client to change feedback, they can change it up or down.

It's pretty much a no-brainer.

It would be called "enable the client to improve feedback" or words to that effect otherwise, wouldn't it?

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS