🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » CDA or NDA is it smart , good ? I have questi...
Page options
slavkoa
Community Member

CDA or NDA is it smart , good ? I have question do i sing CDA ?

I have been ask to sing a CDA with a new client.

We have finished a first milestone(paid) but then he ask me for full name and address and do i mind to sing a confidentiality letter ?Is well rated with a lot of finished jobs.He say he prefer to not close contract do to confidential reasons and few time mention email as way of communication (i refuse) .
Is realy nice and good to work with .

But what i want to ask is there a traps in this or some red flags?   
(do i need a lawyer to read this document)

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
JoanneP

Hi Slavko,

The Upwork Terms of Service contain default non-disclosure terms which many clients consider sufficient for this purpose. If your client requests that you sign an NDA, you can decide whether you'll accept this or not. You can also refer to our Optional Service Contract Terms specifically, Section 6. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS.

~ Joanne
Upwork

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
sjbercot
Community Member

It's not unheard of, I've signed a couple. It's up to you whether you decide to provide your mailing address. I didn't at the time and the client didn't insist, but you could set up a business PO Box and use that. The CDA or NDA isn't a red flag by itself.

Definitely don't sign anything you don't understand or agree to. I didn't need a lawyer to read the ones I signed, but you want to have someone look it over and explain it to you if you don't understand it 100%.

By the way, you're welcome to communicate off Upwork (eg via email) once you've started the contract.

petra_r
Community Member

Slavko A wrote:

few time mention email as way of communication (i refuse) .

Why do you refuse?

There is no issue with signing confidentiality agreements or NDAs, just make sure you understand what you are signing.

slavkoa
Community Member

Why do you refuse?

There is no reson for client to contact me on email all work and chat can be provided thru Upwork. Do not want to complicate things more to look are he is send me something on mail or in chat. Hope you understand.

JoanneP

Hi Slavko,

The Upwork Terms of Service contain default non-disclosure terms which many clients consider sufficient for this purpose. If your client requests that you sign an NDA, you can decide whether you'll accept this or not. You can also refer to our Optional Service Contract Terms specifically, Section 6. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS.

~ Joanne
Upwork
slavkoa
Community Member

Ok , just one more thing why client have only initials  not full name on his Upwork ?

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members