🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » CENSORSHIP? I just tried to post something t...
Page options
samanthawriter7
Community Member

CENSORSHIP? I just tried to post something twice and it was both times deleted

I just made two attempts at posting something and it was deleted both times WITHIN SECONDS of posting.  It contained my opinion on (and criticism of) the U.S.-only policy that was put in place last year.  Could that have something to do with it?  Is Upwork now censoring us for our valid and politely stated opinions? 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

There is an automatic filter that sometimes prevents a post from being visible until a moderator has the opportunity to review it. You may have to wait for your post to appear. 

View solution in original post

17 REPLIES 17
petra_r
Community Member


@Samantha L wrote:

I just made two attempts at posting something and it was deleted both times.  It contained my opinion on (and criticism of) the new U.S.-only policy.  Could that have something to do with it?  Is Upwork now censoring us for our valid and politely stated opinions? 


 It was probably merged into the endless thread where the rest of us are complaining about this...

Plus it is not a "new" policy, it's been about a pretty long time now.

 

 

Do you have a link to the thread? 

Yes, I realize now that it isn't new.  I was a bit slow on the uptake with this.  

They seem to have been entirely deleted.  There's no sign of them anywhere. 


@Samantha L wrote:

They seem to have been entirely deleted.  There's no sign of them anywhere. 


 You can see all your visible posts here: https://community.upwork.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/71940

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless

I know.  They're not there.  That's how I know they've been deleted. 


@Samantha L wrote:

I know.  They're not there.  That's how I know they've been deleted. 


 I flagged this for you to get a moderator to see if it has slipped into the auto-filter.

Breathe 😉

 

samanthawriter7
Community Member

Are any of the Upwork moderators going to address my concerns?  Or are they just hoping I'll shut up and let it go? 

There is an automatic filter that sometimes prevents a post from being visible until a moderator has the opportunity to review it. You may have to wait for your post to appear. 

Hi Samantha,

 

sorry about the confusion and delay in addressing this. Your post wasn't removed by a moderator but was temporarily held by our automatic filter. I had it published. Please refer to my reply here.

~ Bojan
Upwork
petra_r
Community Member


@Bojan S wrote:
. Please refer to my reply here.

 No, let's not. As it addresses a different matter altogether.

 

afifield
Community Member

So now the thread is closed for going off topic, the other one. If upworks wants freelancer's opinions you are hearing them from some of the best ones, even in the actual announcement for the US only stuff, so I am super suprised(or not) that the thread got closed if they really wanted to hear our opinions. Pretty sad honestly since it isn't only the US freelancers who helped form this site.

 

Anyone who has supported the US only setup is actually from the US so some of the other freelancers were pretty biased in their responses since it equals more work for them.  

i posted about negative experience that exposed upwork's deficiences and permittance of freelancers to do unscrupulous and illegal things. they deleted it immediately like i thought they would, just like they have in the past. a platform that allows freelancers to remove negative feedback and lie is one that will delete your posts if say anything negative about it. 

versailles
Community Member


Jonathan L wrote:

i posted about negative experience that exposed upwork's deficiences and permittance of freelancers to do unscrupulous and illegal things. they deleted it immediately like i thought they would, just like they have in the past. a platform that allows freelancers to remove negative feedback and lie is one that will delete your posts if say anything negative about it. 


Your messages are all here:

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless
tlbp
Community Member


Rene K wrote:

Jonathan L wrote:

i posted about negative experience that exposed upwork's deficiences and permittance of freelancers to do unscrupulous and illegal things. they deleted it immediately like i thought they would, just like they have in the past. a platform that allows freelancers to remove negative feedback and lie is one that will delete your posts if say anything negative about it. 


Your messages are all here:


But, but, what about the great conspiracy to silence the rebels?

tlsanders
Community Member


Jonathan L wrote:

i posted about negative experience that exposed upwork's deficiences and permittance of freelancers to do unscrupulous and illegal things. they deleted it immediately like i thought they would, just like they have in the past. a platform that allows freelancers to remove negative feedback and lie is one that will delete your posts if say anything negative about it. 


Yet, there are thousands and thousands of negative and critical posts about Upwork and its practices and policies here, and new ones are posted every day and not deleted.
Anonymous-User
Not applicable

I can see every single one of your forum posts, even going back 3 years. So can every other freelancer, if they choose to search, to vet you as a client. If some of your posts were removed, then UW felt that they violated TOS. Simple as that. 

samanthawriter7
Community Member

Okay, it is up now.  Sorry about that. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths