🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » CHANGE in JSS and FEEDBACK from LONG-TIME CLI...
Page options
carriedeps
Community Member

CHANGE in JSS and FEEDBACK from LONG-TIME CLIENTs

Hello! My JSS changed from 100% to 93% What might be the reason? I had a project with a long-time client last January and nothing after that. I didn't ask her to close the contract thinking she will be getting in touch anytime. Who's supposed to initiate this? It has been 4 months since then and forgot about it. Should I tell her to close the contract and leave me a feedback? Or do I close the contract myself?  I'm afraid closing the contract might even lower my Job Success Score. My other long-time client has just gotten in touch and I'm doing a project for him now. Appreciate your help. Thank you!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
hodgesh
Community Member

Just ask the client from January to close the contract. No need to mention feedback.

There's a whole list of things that can cause your JSS to drop. Check the Help and Support articles. Good feedback falling out of the calculation window is likely in your case.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
hodgesh
Community Member

Just ask the client from January to close the contract. No need to mention feedback.

There's a whole list of things that can cause your JSS to drop. Check the Help and Support articles. Good feedback falling out of the calculation window is likely in your case.

Thank you Heaven. Appreciate your inputs! 

petra_r
Community Member

Carina d wrote:

Hello! My JSS changed from 100% to 93% What might be the reason?

the open contracts are having no effect at all, one of the ones that closed came with not-so-great private feedback. There is also the client who marked you a 3 for skills and quality back in February.

What is your private feedback percentage like? (The "clients who would recommend me" percentage on your "My Stats" page?)

Carina d wrote:

Who's supposed to initiate this? It has been 4 months since then and forgot about it. Should I tell her to close the contract and leave me a feedback? Or do I close the contract myself?  I'm afraid closing the contract might even lower my Job Success Score.

It doesn't matter, that contract is not doing any harm. Neither leaving it open nor closing it would have any negative effect on your JSS.

You might want to ask the client to close the contract if there is no more immediate work. Personally I think it is both unneccessary and unprofessional to ask for feedback. I have never even mentioned feedback! When a client closes a contract they will automatically leave feedback, there is no a´way around it.

Thank you Petra for the insightful and helpful inputs. Agree with you 100%. Appreciate your help! 🙂 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths