🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » CLIENT ASKS FOR REFUND AFTER UPWORK AUTO APPR...
Page options
denzilotieno99
Community Member

CLIENT ASKS FOR REFUND AFTER UPWORK AUTO APPROVES THE MILESTONE

I posted yesterday about a client who went MIA for 14 good days. On the 15th day after Upwork approved the milestone, he asks for a r fund. What should I do because I can't see anywhere to reject this crap. What action should I take from here?

Denzil
2 REPLIES 2
prestonhunter
Community Member

Be polite.

Hear him out. Don't argue with him.

You are not obligated to give him a refund.

If it was me, I would close the contract myself, and then message him a question:

"Jerry: Thank you again for the opportunity to work on this project. You provided excellent directions about what you wanted done. I wish you well with your continued work on this. I saw what looked like a refund request. Did you have a question about the files I sent?"

If he replies, then come here and tell us what he says. He might not reply at all.

There are "refund request" buttons on the client side, and sometimes clients click these buttons for no actual reason. If a freelancer asks about it and the client doesn't even respond, then it wasn't a "serious" request. It was just somebody clicking a button.

petra_r
Community Member

Denzil O wrote:
I posted yesterday about a client who went MIA for 14 good days. On the 15th day after Upwork approved the milestone, he asks for a r fund. What should I do because I can't see anywhere to reject this crap. What action should I take from here?

Did the client tell you why they are asking for a refund?

The refund request has no consequences. The client hasn't actually raised a dispute at this point (yet).

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members