🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » CLIENT GOES MIA
Page options
denzilotieno99
Community Member

CLIENT GOES MIA

Hello everyone,

I had a client as from last year. We did 2 projects, funded one but never issued the task, and since then, she has never been seen. The project lying there. This morning, I checked my stats and it seems like my long term client percentage has been affected. My question is, should I end the contract myself? Please advice. Thanks.

Denzil
ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Any money paid from client to freelancer.

I don't remember the exact formula, but it's something like the percent of clients you've worked with over the last year who you've received payments (any amount) from over at least three months. Again, that's probably not exact, but it's the general idea.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "My question is, should I end the contract myself?"

Yes. If you have an open contract that has been inactive for a long time, you should close the contract yourself.

wescowley
Community Member

Denzil O wrote:
I had a client as from last year. We did 2 projects, funded one but never issued the task, and since then, she has never been seen. The project lying there. This morning, I checked my stats and it seems like my long term client percentage has been affected. My question is, should I end the contract myself? Please advice. Thanks.

Whether or not you close it won't have any effect on your long term client percentage. That's based on payments made, not whether or not a contract is open.

Hi Wes,

What do you mean by payment made? Does it mean low payment or high payment?

Any payment. Like one dollar or more.

That is how "long-term client relationships" are calculated:

A client first paid me three or more months ago. And I earned some money from that client within the past month.

If those conditions are met... that is considered a "long-term relationship" with a client.

Upwork likes to see freelancers working for clients over a long period of time. It means that the client is satisified with the freelancer and likes to continue working with that freelancer. So Upwork gives some extra boost to the freelancer's JSS to reward them for that.

Any money paid from client to freelancer.

I don't remember the exact formula, but it's something like the percent of clients you've worked with over the last year who you've received payments (any amount) from over at least three months. Again, that's probably not exact, but it's the general idea.
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members