cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CLIENT SCAM? admits he has NO CLIENTS and is asking for advice to get Clients...connect refund?

Community Guru
Tonya P Member Since: Nov 26, 2015
11 of 15

For a fake listing, flag the job post. Upwork may take a while to investigate (and you will have to be clear about what happened). Sorry that you were sucked in by this bad actor.  

Community Guru
Christine A Member Since: May 4, 2016
12 of 15

Hmmm, I suspect that I know who this "client" is. Click on the green "flag as inappropriate" link in the top right-hand corner and report this. If this isn't a real project (i.e. they've made it clear that they have no intention of paying you for your time), then the project will be taken down and you should get your connects back. 

Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
13 of 15

Not only should the "job" posting be taken down and connects returned....

Upwork should also permanently terminate this users account.

This is a preposterous abuse of the Upwork system. The user who posted the fake job post should not be allowed to continue as a client, freelancer or agency.

It is also completely unnecessary. If the person wanted advice, he could ask questions in the Forum.

Community Guru
Christine A Member Since: May 4, 2016
14 of 15

Preston H wrote:

If the person wanted advice, he could ask questions in the Forum.

I think that this person did ask for advice in the forum; he then chose to ignore it.

Firas M Member Since: Apr 27, 2019
15 of 15

Hey Christine!

I'll try to flag as inappropriate and leave a message for upwork. I'll update you guys on any developments but the whole situation has just taken much more time than it's worth unfortunately. I don't see any value arising for anyone from this situation other than thte "client" that is phishing for some free advice from some overly eager freelancers.

Thank you for the kind words and advise! 

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS