🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » CLOSED BANK ACCOUNT
Page options
021f2acb
Community Member

CLOSED BANK ACCOUNT

The Bank account I used to process the LFT was closed. Upwork continues and completed the transfer of funds to that account. What should I do? Is the fund will be back to my upwork account? Thank you.

021f2acb_0-1641453974140.png

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
PradeepH

Hello Ayumi,

Thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear about your recent fund withdrawal. If your bank account is already closed before completion of your fund withdrawal, the fund will be reversed back to your Upwork account. Please note that Direct to Local Bank transaction is processed within four business days. If the transaction still hasn't reflected on your account after eight business days, let us know and we will assist you further. Please also take note that bank holidays both in the U.S, and your location may affect these withdrawals. In the meantime, please read up on this help article for more information about Direct to Local Bank Timings and Fees.

Thank you

Pradeep

Upwork

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
PradeepH

Hello Ayumi,

Thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear about your recent fund withdrawal. If your bank account is already closed before completion of your fund withdrawal, the fund will be reversed back to your Upwork account. Please note that Direct to Local Bank transaction is processed within four business days. If the transaction still hasn't reflected on your account after eight business days, let us know and we will assist you further. Please also take note that bank holidays both in the U.S, and your location may affect these withdrawals. In the meantime, please read up on this help article for more information about Direct to Local Bank Timings and Fees.

Thank you

Pradeep

Upwork

Thank you so much for your help. Will update soon if the fund will reflect or not on my upwork balance. Stay safe.

4e8af4b1
Community Member

Hi I have the same issue, I processed a LFT and my Bank inform me that my account was closed already.

Upwork Ref ID: 457057928

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Ian, 

If the bank account is closed, it will automatically be refunded to your account within 8 to 10 business days. If, after ten days, the money still hasn't been reflected in your Upwork account, you can reach out to us here or through the Customer Support channels so that you can be assisted further.  

~ Avery
Upwork
aileenmanalo
Community Member

Hi All, 

Same issue with me. I withdrew my account yesterday and usually, the balance will reflect within the day. I tried calling the bank and to my surprise, they closed my account without notice. Do I need to file anything to get my funds back or will it automatically reflect on my balance? 

Thank you so much

Hi Aileen,

Thank you for reaching out. Were you able to ask when exactly the account was closed? Because if your bank account is already closed before the completion of your fund withdrawal, the fund will be reversed back to your Upwork account. 

~ AJ
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members